Praeda

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Praeda

Praeda

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feenix WoW

3 posters

Khaelara - Mage

Khaelara
    Khaelara
    Private
    Private

Antal inlägg : 21

Khaelara - Mage Empty Khaelara - Mage

Post  Khaelara Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:42 pm

Personal Information

Your name : Gino

Your age : 19

Your nationality : Croatian

Your time zone: GMT +2

Character Information

Character name : Khaelara

Class : Mage

Race : Human

Spec:  wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=11215875_8_823c55f2e5052020023033051003o

Attuned to MC/BWL/Naxxramas : I am attuned to everything, even Onyxia even though it's not required yet.

List all your gear and enchants

Head: [Dragonskin Cowl] atm but I will get Spealweaver's Turban in few days from voting cause I have terrible luck in UBRS.

Neck: [Diana's Pearl Necklace]

Shoulder: [Zandalar Illusionist's Mantle] +18 spelldamage enchant

Back: [Cloak of the Hakkari Worshipers]

Chest: [Zandalar Illusionist's Robe] + [Bloodvine Vest] should I need extra hit, both have +4 to all stats enchant.

Wrist: [Netherwind Bindings] +7 intellect enchant

Hands: [Sorcerer's Gloves] +20 fire damage enchant

Waist: [Belt of Untapped Power]

Legs: [Knight-Captain's Silk Legguards] + [Bloodvine Leggings] should I need extra hit. Both have +8 spelldamage enchant

Feet: [Knight-Lieutenant's Silk Walkers] + [Bloodivine Boots] + [Ringo's Blizzard Boots] all have +7 stamina enchant.

Finger: [Band of Vaulted Secrets], [Zanzil's Seal] and [Rune Band of Wizardry]

Trinket: [Eye of the Beast], [Zandalarian Hero Charm] and [Briarwood Reed]

Weapon: [Staff of Dominance],  should I need MH + OH combo currently I have [Bloodcaller] and [Talon of Furious Concentration] + [Scepter of Interminable Focus] Should I need more hit. Staff is enchanted with +30 spell damage, bloodcaller isnt enchanted atm but its not a problem for me to enchant should I have to use it.

Ranged: [Sparkling Crystal Wand] + [Crimson Shocker] + [Wand of Biting Cold]

List us your Status(Caster = Hit + Crit + SP, Melee = Hit + Crit + AP,Healers = Crit + BH + Mp/5): 11% hit/11% crit/331 SP from the gear I have on right now. Also note I can get a bit more hit% using some gear I listed above.

Resistances ( Fire / Nature / Frost ) :10/10/10 ( 129 NR unbuffed with Sylvan set + gaea's embrace + NR ring from quest in cenarion hold) I can farm NR gears but Never seem to find a group for Maraudon.

Show us your UI: imgur.com/tNqLP3D

List of the addons you are currently using : Bigwigs, X-Perl, Decursive, KTM. I can get other addons wich are required for aq40/Naxx.

PvE Experience : ZG = Full, AQ20 = Kurri-Moam-Rajjax-Buru-Ossi, MC = Full, Onyxia = 1/1, BWL = 8/8. Didn't yet do AQ40 or Naxx on this server sadly. I did aq40 long time ago on retail, doubt I'll remember tactics but I'm a fast learner.

Previous guilds in Feenix : Praetorian Guards

General Information

Are you able to attend to atleast 3 raids, every week (We raid Sun,Tues,Thurs 19:30-23:30 Server Time and invites start at 19.00 ST): Yes

Can you come to raids and supply your own consumables (e.g. Flasks).Please state what concumables you are using: Yes and I use: Flask of Supreme Power, Elixir of Greater Intellect, Greater Arcane Elixir, Mageblood Potion, mana pots and protection pots (fire/nature/arcane..etc), Brilliant Wizard Oil, Elixir of Greater Firepower, Rumsey Rum Black Label, Heavy Runecloth Bandages.

We might have to rotate you during a raid, are you willing to stay on stand by ? Yes.

Have you read the rules and do you accept them ? Yes.

Is there any member in <Praeda> that can vouch for you ? I don't think so.

Since the forum is a big part of the community you are obligated to be active on the forum and sign up for raids and contribute with your opinions. Are you willing to go along with this: Yes.

Zerroc's favourite song ( Must answer ) : Rez/C0wgirl

(Optional) Add something you think we find interesting or useful : Should you wonder why I want to leave Praetorian Guards it is cause guild leader "Tyndben" left the guild saying that he can't attend our raid times wich are 2 days a week although he could alter them however he wants to since he "was" guild leader and then he joined WiP saying he's ok with raiding 4 times a week with them Very Happy..well after he left other guildies started leaving too, including one who made the guild website and he brought it down... So I don't really think PG will raid anytime soon or even at all now. A good amount of PG core members left. So here I am applying to you guys, cya around and thanks for reading.

Last edited by Khaelara on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Dopeey
    Dopeey
    King of Gnomes
    King of Gnomes

Antal inlägg : 975

Khaelara - Mage Empty Re: Khaelara - Mage

Post  Dopeey Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Greetings Gino

Not bad application but still can get some improvement.

1. You should get Spealweaver's Turban,yes. And enchant it with +8 SP
    2. Enchant Subtlery on your Cloak
    (4 Nexus Crystals)
    (6 Large Brilliant Shards)
    (2 Black DIamond)
    3. If you can, try to push it a bit for the PvP Shoulders Smile they are quite Bis (thinking that you are near this rank arent you?)
    4. Start farming Rockfurry Braceres from the epic quest in Cenarion Hold.

In any case i see you have a lot of combos for your gear so better wait our Class Leader, Budheavy to guide you here.

---

Hmm Nature resistance gear seem quite low.Is it enchanted?You have Gaeas embrace too ? There is a 10 NR Head enchant too in the ZG Zigurat (where you get Idol enchant) named Savage Guard that gives +10 NR to Head/Legs item.

Also you ll have to get CTW addon soon (C thun Warner) and as for your consumamble list, you ll have to add some food buffs like Dirge,Spider sausage (or Wolf Steak) or mana regen ones for the long fights

In any case, you should wait for Budheavys reply and gear guidance, but im quite sure he would mention the things i did so start working on them Smile

Keep us updated with your progress throu this topic and thanks for your application

~Dopeey
    budheavy
    budheavy
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Antal inlägg : 83

Post  budheavy Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:15 am

1. Consumables - I know you probably didn't want to type out all the ones you use, or maybe you forgot to type them out, but I didn't notice "Elixir of Greater Firepower" on there.  You will be required to use that elixir, even though it's quite expensive.  If you have fishing up, you can farm Firefin Snappers, use an alchemist to make that into Fire Oil and then use an herbalist to farm Firebloom -- It takes quite a bit of fish, my suggestion is just to have an Alchemy/Herbalist alt and buy the fish off the AH when they are cheap, if you don't want to waste time fishing.

Make sure the Arcane Elixir you bring is Greater Arcane Elixir and not the pink 20 spell dmg one.

Elixir of Fortitude, Rumsey Rum Black Label, Demonic Rune, Limited Invulnerability Potion, Scroll of Intellect, Scroll of Stamina, Light Feathers or Noggenfogger Elixir, Major Troll's Blood Potion, Heavy Runecloth Bandages, Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops, Spider Sausage or Tender Wolf Steak are other ones you will need to have in your inventory, as well.

2. Stamina - The main problem with pre-raid or entry level gear is not the spell damage or the +hit as much as it is the stamina.  Raiding Naxx and AQ40 requires full use of stamina consumables and often re-enchanting gear to stamina enchants for certain encounters.  If you use Dirge's + Spider Sausage + Rumsey Rum + Fortitude you will get about an extra 640hp, but on some bosses you will need around a 5k minimum -- so perhaps in your case, you might want to re-enchant your bracers to +9 stamina, until you get some higher HP gear, although if you are rolling with 2 pieces of the pvp gear, you might be able to keep the +7 intellect and be OK on stamina fights.  It's just something to keep in mind.

3. Gear - What Dopeey suggested is correct.  My suggestions for your gear is to ALWAYS use the ZG Robe, since it has +hit and also high stamina, Keep wearing the ZG shoulders for now with the robes, to give you the +12 damage bonus, Farm Rockfury and probably first enchant them with +9 stamina, Make sure to get and enchant Spellweaver's Turban, Use Zanzil's Seal and Band of Vaulted Secrets for the higher HP fights, and you can use Rune Band of Wizardry when you need more hit.  I would enchant the Bloodcaller and use Scepter as an offhand, since it offers more SP and also an extra +hit.  Use the staff as stamina-fight-gear.  As for wands, I would go to the AH (if you have enough cash) and buy one of the 20+ fire damage green wands -- also make sure you have done the AV quest for the Wand of Biting Cold, because you will also need a frost wand (for bwl/viscidus), and that one is cheap.

If you get Rockfury and Spellweaver's, and use your other gear in the manner suggested, you will have enough HP and your +hit will be fine.  You never need to go over +10% hit from gear -- the frost talent gives you enough that you don't need to exceed +10 from gear.  Even running at +8% or +9% hit **only after you have a HIGH crit, in naxx/2.5 gear** is also still very viable.

For NR gear, you don't really need the Maraudon gear.  You will be fine with enchanting the 3 pieces of craftable NR gear + Gaea's Embrace (+15 NR) -- then you can head to Cenarion Hold (only need honored rep) and use 1x Abyssal Scepter for a ring that offers 19NR + stamina.  Those fully enchanted + NR pots will work fine!

If you already have an Onyxia Scale Cloak, make sure it is enchanted with Subtlety -- and also enchant your current cloak with that, as well.  That is our best enchant.

Lastly, I noticed that you have probably done some Dukes farming in Silithus.  You should consider going there again and farming the Abyssal Cloth Amice -- if you have time, because those shoulders have +1% hit and they are quite good.  But you can keep using the ZG ones for now, Rockfury is going to be the most important grind.

4. Bindings - to me, this always is the most important and tells the most about the player.  What kind of mouse are you using?  How many buttons does it have?  On your UI, I notice some really important bindings which do not seem to be bound.  Fire Ward, Frost Ward, Counterspell, Combustion, ZG Trinket, Detect Magic, Evocation, Bandage, Mana Gem/Ruby, and Polymorph all do not seem to be bound to any keys.  If they are, let me know why it's not showing up, and if they're not -- you need to seriously consider binding these to keys/mouse buttons that are easily accessible.  You can do this by using shift or alt or even ctrl as a modifier.  But maybe you have a naga mouse and you are a pro, I dunno Very Happy

If you have anymore questions or need me to make you some potions, Gaea's Embrace, or anything else, just send me an in-game mail and I will reply back to you with whatever you need.  Remember to update your application as you get more pieces; like Rockfury, Gaea's Embrace, or replace old pieces.  Cheers and good luck!
    Khaelara
    Khaelara
    Private
    Private

Post  Khaelara Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:40 am

First of all I want to thank you for reading my application.

Ok, I spent about an hour writing that application so I forgot some stuff.

I forgot to list some consumables like Brilliant Wizard Oil, Elixir of Greater Firepower, Heavy Runecloth Bandages and Rumsey Rum. As for food consumables I really don't like to buy Dirge's cause it's like 200g/stack :(but I will do it if it is required. Same for some other consumables you Listed and yes I do have alch/herbalism on this char.

As for gear, I do have Wand of Biting Cold I just didn't list it cause its frost gear and afaik you mainly use only fire spec in aq40/Naxx. I even have Ringo's Blizzard Boots for extra frost dmg. Now as with my current cloak reason I dont want to enchant subtlety on it is cause its bad and that enchant is quite expensive now especially after merge. Nexuses are around 80g each now. But I will get aq20 set cloak if I get lucky roll on a Drape in future so I soppose I can enchant it then (Lost roll on CoC over 15 times...). As for the wand, It usually costs around 900g (20 fire damage one) so yea.. quite the sum. I can farm BRD or    Baron for those 2 wands, the one from baron has 11 spelldamage and healing and +4 stamina and the one from BRD has +13 fire spell damage. Also I will buy that NR cloak and turn in that scepter for aditional NR ring and I will enchant all NR gear I can. Althought I'm not sure about the 10 NR on head item, Never did that and  I'm not sure how or where i can find/do that. As for PVP shoulders they are rank 10 and I am rank 7 atm. It's quite the journey to there but I'm trying.

As for binds, I dont really see why it's a big deal Razz, well I will bind keys to what you listed above if its required.

Thanks for reading.
    budheavy
    budheavy
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  budheavy Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:23 pm

Spec frost (no imp. blizz, but make sure you get 3/3 frostbite and max permafrost) and go to the isle of dread in Feralas and farm up about 20 x Chimaerok Tenderloin, then go to the pirate area in Tanaris and farm 20 x volatile rum, then buy 20 x deeprock salt off the AH -- then i can make you 5 stacks which is = 100 x Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops.  That will last you a LONG time and will only cost you time + the gold for a respec.  It's so easy to farm as a mage, and you are right, you don't have to use Dirge's on every encounter if you are really short on cash, but there are a certain few (especially with entry level gear) where it would be required.  even with naxx gear, we still use it, frequently.

Try to gather the mats for a couple subtlety to cloak enchants (over time) and save them in your bank, if you get accepted as an initiate, then you will have the mats and can get the enchants for free from a guildy.

You can even vote for better wands than the one that you have, so I'd recommend the 4stam 11SP on that you mentioned, either by farming or voting.

As for the 10NR enchant to helm, you can look here it's called Savage Guard
    You can go to that site and click the quest to figure out how and where to do it (within' ZG).

Don't worry about the PvP shoulders, you can get the duke shoulders in Silithus MUCH, MUCH easier than grinding rank 10 from rank 7 -- that would take a couple of hardcore weeks, and you should spend more of your time farming Rockfury.

Also, update me if you can on what your rep is with Cenarion Hold and Brood of Nozdormu.

PS, it's good that you have Talon of Furious Concentration, that's a great piece once you get a nicer mainhand.
    Khaelara
    Khaelara
    Private
    Private

Post  Khaelara Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:27 pm

Thanks for the help! I'll try to get that 10 NR on head enchant as soon as possible. Ok so I got gaea's and NR ring now so I updated NR gear in main post (129 NR atm). I will update when i get enchant.

My current rep with Cenarion Hold is revered and with Brood of Nozdormu I am still hated sadly (around 2000/36000).
    budheavy
    budheavy
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  budheavy Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:25 pm

OK--cool, that's awesome you got the NR stuff -- and if you get the Hilt from aq20, you can get the Mainhand soon, since you are already revered -- and the ring and cape, you already have the rep. I'd just suggest doing as many AQ20 and ZG runs as you can, in your spare time -- you could get 2 idols if you created your own runs (although i know that is hard) or just start saving up vote points for ZG idols (i think it's like 100VP for 1 idol). Brood rep will come when we are doing AQ40, pretty easily from artifact drops/boss tokens, and even from bosses in AQ20. Just post gear/item updates below this one as a new reply, instead of updating your initial application, because it's easier for me to notice when you do update it. Sounds like you are well on your way. Once you get a few more pieces, enchants, and most importantly, Rockfury Bracers, then I am sure you'll get a +1 for dedication from the other guildies and I'd be up for giving you a trial invite!

Cheers!
    Khaelara
    Khaelara
    Private
    Private

Post  Khaelara Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:55 pm

Ok I Will list down below as I get new stuff. I'll edit here so i don't spam with new post, It will take a long time to get Rockfury, since I posted my application I haven't found a single group to farm it :/

- Ritssyn's Wand of Bad Mojo
    - Spellweaver's Turban ( +8 spell damage enchant)
    - Charm of the Shifting Sands

Last edited by Khaelara on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
    budheavy
    budheavy
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  budheavy Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:45 pm

You should enchant your NR gear, when you get the time (if you didn't do so already) -- Chest, Helm, Back -- so let me know about that, too! As soon as you get Rockfury (or the bwl +hit bracers) then I will be happy to give you a trial membership!
    budheavy
    budheavy
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  budheavy Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:09 pm

You can solo farm Rockfury as Frost, though the killing bugs quests does take a few days. Once you are almost there, send me a mail -- and I'll try to log on and help you -- You can do some of the tactical badges and other stuff, first!
    budheavy
    budheavy
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  budheavy Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:08 am

anymore updates?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:24 am