Praeda

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Praeda

Praeda

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feenix WoW

+2
BuckBuckeL
budheavy
6 posters

Budheavy / Mage / Frost or Fire

budheavy
    budheavy
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Antal inlägg : 83

Budheavy / Mage / Frost or Fire Empty Budheavy / Mage / Frost or Fire

Post  budheavy Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:54 pm

Your name : Dave

Your age : 29

Your nationality : USA, but I live in Taiwan

Your time zone: (UTC+08:00) Taipei

Character Information

Character name : Budheavy

Class : Mage

Race : Human

Spec : Frost for MC/BWL and will re-spec Fire for AQ/Naxx

Attuned to MC/BWL/Naxxramas : I am attuned to all of these instances.

List all your gear and enchants:

I have been playing on this server only a month, so I have done really well and gotten really lucky with drops
    in the month that I have been here. This is the best gear I have, and I have included optional pieces which I also possess. I can switch around gear for set bonuses while maintaining the hit cap:

Head: Bloodvine Goggles +8 spell dmg enchant
    Neck: Diana's Pearl Necklace
    Shoulders: Boreal Mantle +No enchant yet
    Back: Cloak of the Hakkari Worshipers +7 Fire Resist
    Chest: Bloodvine Vest +4 stats and Zandalar Illusionist's Robe +4 stats
    Wrist: Arcanist Bindings +7 Intellect
    Hands: Arcanist Gloves +20 Frost dmg and Sorcerer's Gloves +20 Frost dmg
    Waist: Arcanist Belt or Clutch of Andros
    Legs: Bloodvine Leggings +8 spell dmg enchant
    Boots: Bloodvine Boots +Minor Speed enchant
    Ring1: Band of Vaulted Secrets or Rune Band of Wizardry
    Ring2: Zanzil's Seal
    Trinket1: Briarwood Reed
    Trinket2: Eye of the Beast
    Ranged: Wand of Biting Cold
    Weapons: I have Jin'do's Judgement +30 spell dmg enchant, Staff of Dominance +30 spell dmg enchant, and Scepter of Interminable Focus in case I get a good main-hand.

Resistances ( Fire / Nature / Frost ) : I have a Fire Resist set of 145 Fire Resist Un-buffed, including the on-use Engineering Trinket. I haven't build a Nature or Frost Resist set yet, as this character is only a month old and hasn't been in an end-game guild yet.

Show us your UI : a link to my UI is here i.imgur.com/ilDAw.jpg

List of the addons you are currently using : You can see from my screenshot my addons and Keybindings. I am using a Razer Naga for most of my binds. I have been playing with it for years. I have all mandatory and required raiding mods, and know how to properly configure and use them.

PvE Experience :

I am going to show you my entire history. From beginning of closed beta almost 8 years ago, until now... Sorry, it's lengthy! I will list the <Guild> - Server - Explanation. I previously played on all US servers.

<Impervious> - Stormreaver - I was alliance originally on my rogue, and I was in this guild with friends who I played with in the closed beta of Vanilla WoW, for nearly a year. I did a few raids, though I was more into PvP at the time, and was not one of the hardcore raiders. I left this guild to move to the Arthas realm with my RL co-workers and college buddies.

<TG> - Arthas - Probably the most involved I've been with progression came from my time in this guild. I remember beating myself up with Vanilla Naxx progression (we ended up clearing Naxx long before The Burning Crusade was released, in the top 10 or so US), getting a Warglaive, all the way until M'uru attempts and finally downing him. Unfortunately, my real life forced me to give up my raiding spot after we finally downed M'uru and had been working on Kil'Jaden for about a week. Shortly after I quit, <TG> made a 27th U.S. kill on Kil'Jaden. I quit because I had to move from the U.S. to Taiwan for employment, and I had never lived in Taiwan before, so I was forced to take an indefinite hiatus from WoW and raiding while I became comfortable living in a foreign country.

<Malicious>/<Apex> - The Venture Company - During my first year in Taiwan, I suffered through a terrible 2-meg internet connection. I used WoW to level a druid alt I had created on The Venture Company, because my ping was too frustrating to play my rogue, but it was less frustrating to play a healer. Eventually I hit 80 and I was totally casual on this realm, though I did raid in the top horde and also top alliance guild on the server. I healed ToGC Insanity 10 and ToGC 4/5 Heroic 25man, which was saying a lot for one of the worst servers I have ever played on. During this time, though frustrated with bad ping, I took the time to level up my rogue to 80, and play on the weekends in level 80 Naxx 10 with some RL buddies, as a way to keep in touch with friends back home in America.

<Muffin Makers> - Maelstrom - During my second year of living in Taiwan, I got a great internet connection and moved my rogue back to Maelstrom and joined forces with some people I used to play with in beta and some RL buddies. I raided with this guild through ICC and ICC-HM. We got 12/12 10 man and 11/12 25 man. We only raided 3 days a week and it was mostly a guild of friends. I did ICC-HMs on my rogue, resto druid, DK tank, and arcane mage. After Wrath, the guild decided it would be better to switch to a 10-man only guild, which didn't suit my close friends and I, so we went to Malganis.

<Juggernaut> - Malganis - I finally got a 100meg DSL connection in Taiwan and had wonderful ping! Juggernaut was one of the top US guilds for a long time, probably reaching it's peak at maybe rank 5. I raided the first tier of the Cataclysm bosses with these guys on my rogue, all heroics, trying to US firsts. After about 7 years of raiding, I finally decided to take a break and focus on pvp, so I joined some of the best PvP guilds in the game on Darkspear.

<Dara Mactire>/<Inevitable Defeat> - Darkspear - On Darkspear I was in the top 2 PvP guilds, one was the top PvP guild in the US for a while, and one was the second place RBG guild in the US. I only did PvP on this server. I got to about 2400 on my rogue in 3s. I got to 2300-2400 RBG rating on almost all my toons, which included Mage, DK, Druid, and Lock. I can comfortably play any class in the game in any enviornment, raiding or PvP. In December of 2011 <Inevitable Defeat> decided to transfer to Tichondrius to become more competitive, and I decided paying all that money for character transfers really pissed me off, because I was tired of paying to play WoW. I found Feenix in March and leveled this mage, because I have always had a mage as my first alt character, and I wanted a break from rogue.

I have reached high PvP rankings with almost every class, and also heroic raids and original Vanilla raids with at least a few classes. Though Naxx I have only done from a rogue's standpoint. I have raided almost every class through BWL, but we were only allowed to bring our mains to Naxx.

If you have more questions feel free to ask me in-game. I am one of the most experienced players on Feenix, although I am new to the realm. I am good at the game and I want to play with other people who are good. I can't stand playing with casual players who need to be carried.

General Information

Are you able to attend to atleast 3 raids, every week (We raid Sun,Tues,Thurs 19:30-23:30 Server Time and invites start at 19.00 ST): Yes

Full consumables and full enchanted gear is mandatory. Do you accept that ? Yes

We might have to rotate you during a raid, are you willing to stay on stand by ? Yes

Have you read the rules and do you accept them ? Yes

Is there any member in <Praeda> that can vouch for you ? I am new to the server, so I don't personally know anyone. I am interested in raiding again to gear up and have fun on this cool server. I have put out my applications with a few guilds. I am hoping to find a spot where I can use my experiences in hardcore raiding guilds to help out others.

Zerroc's favourite song ( Must answer ) : Mmbop by Hanson, not the Lonely Island song.

(Optional) Add something you think we find interesting or useful : I like whiskey.

Last edited by budheavy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad spelling)
    BuckBuckeL
    BuckBuckeL
    Knight
    Knight

Antal inlägg : 127

Budheavy / Mage / Frost or Fire Empty Re: Budheavy / Mage / Frost or Fire

Post  BuckBuckeL Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:23 pm

+1
    kazekan
    kazekan
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Antal inlägg : 427

Post  kazekan Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:30 pm

+1
    Randomelf
    Randomelf
    Knight
    Knight

Post  Randomelf Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:31 pm

+1. too good to ignore
    Franckdux
    Franckdux
    King of Gnomes
    King of Gnomes

Antal inlägg : 995

Post  Franckdux Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi agin,

You failed on Zerroc's favourite song but i won't blame you for that, your application is good & i like your experience.

I just have one question, we raid at 19.30 ST so that would be like 4.30 am for you, how are you going to manage that ?

+1 from me
    BuckBuckeL
    BuckBuckeL
    Knight
    Knight

Post  BuckBuckeL Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:35 pm

actually its 2:30 - 6:30 for him
    budheavy
    budheavy
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  budheavy Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:45 pm

It should be from 1:30 am until 5:30 am (I have already pre-calculated this using the elite math equation server time + 6 = x), because the server time is 6 hours ahead of me. My girlfriend is a DJ here in Taiwan, so she doesn't get home until about 4 or 5 each night, and I don't work until 5 pm every day, so really I am always awake and playing at those times. I usually go to bed at about 5:30am or sometimes 6, depending on if I stay up to eat breakfast, haha~

Last edited by budheavy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : nevermind I am bad at math)
    Franckdux
    Franckdux
    King of Gnomes
    King of Gnomes

Antal inlägg : 995

Post  Franckdux Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:54 pm

y my bad it's more 1.30 am for you so thanks for the answer.
    BuckBuckeL
    BuckBuckeL
    Knight
    Knight

Post  BuckBuckeL Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:05 pm

in which club does she work in? Luxy? ^^
    budheavy
    budheavy
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  budheavy Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:10 pm

No but that's cool you know about that, we don't live in Taipei, but she works there in Taipei sometimes. ATT4FUN and Babe 18 and some other places there, like club Myst. Haha, have you been to Taiwan?
    BuckBuckeL
    BuckBuckeL
    Knight
    Knight

Post  BuckBuckeL Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:34 pm

yes, i was there a couple of years ago! it's really nice over there!

budheavy
    budheavy
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  budheavy Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:37 pm

awesome, work or vacation? i've lived here for about 3 and a half years or thereabouts.
    BuckBuckeL
    BuckBuckeL
    Knight
    Knight

Post  BuckBuckeL Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 pm

it was 5 days of partying with my swedish friends Very Happy
    budheavy
    budheavy
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  budheavy Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:51 pm

can't go wrong doing that!
    budheavy
    budheavy
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  budheavy Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Application update: My buddies in Final Exit have made room for me in their roster, and that is the guild I initially applied with. Although you guys seem great and a nice bunch of folks, I think I will go ahead and accept their offer and withdraw this application for the time being. Thank you for your understanding. I will feel free to run any PUGs or anything with you guys in the future. Thanks for your kindness and consideration.
    Sade
    Sade
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Antal inlägg : 80

Post  Sade Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:37 am

Post a set on your girlfriend to listen it and you`ve got +1 from me Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:22 pm