Praeda

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Praeda

Praeda

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feenix WoW

+5
Naturalforce
midzit
Onenightstab
fatty
Feralmacki
9 posters

Macki-Druid

Poll

Is feral druid viable in raid?

[ 8 ]
    Macki-Druid Bar_left44%Macki-Druid Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 10 ]
    Macki-Druid Bar_left56%Macki-Druid Bar_right [56%] 

Total Votes: 18
    Feralmacki
    Feralmacki
    Newcomer
    Newcomer

Antal inlägg : 17

Macki-Druid Empty Macki-Druid

Post  Feralmacki Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:38 pm

Personal Information

Your name : Macki

Your age : 23

Your nationality : USA but I believe in being a person of the earth not a nation.

Your time zone: Pacific Standard Time

Character Information

Character name : Knight-Champion Macki (Rank 9)

Class : Druid

Race : Night Elf

Spec : Feral Tank/DPS. I prefer to be considered a tank, but I realize on many fights I will be in catform dpsing so I try to pwn ass at that too.

Attuned to MC/BWL/Naxxramas : Check^3

Let me preface the gear part by telling part of the background on my gear... I have another feral druid will 100% pre-raid bis and some mc epics, but a friend gave me this druid which has many items my other druid would never have access to--I'm still working on pimping this character out to its fullest. I've tanked 10/10 MC on my other druid so I know this druid can do that and much more. I received a 30 day ban for looting the qiraji manslayer to a warrior over a hunter in a 20man pug and just got unbanned so i'm working on gear as hard as possible. More on my story later where it's more appropriate.

List all your gear and enchants (Caster = Hit + Crit + SP, Melee = Hit + Crit + AP) :

As a druid I have gear for all possible specs (Feral DPS, Feral Tank, NG/NS Resto, Full Resto, even some balance). I try to keep enough gear for different situations aka stacking armor/hp or dodge in different situations, pure dps stats for Vael while other sets have more int/regen for maintaining powershifts for sustained dps, I use maelstrom and heart of wyrmthalak while bear tanking AoE pulls since they both proc off swipe and it's insane threat procs, etc.

2/5 Genesis with another 2 pieces in bank (need idols).
    3/8 Stormrage
    3/3 Aq20

Dps Items:
    Genesis Helm (Libram of voracity quest is on my projects list)
    Eye of Hakkar
    Wyrmtongue Shoulders (need to get UBRS shoulders, which are easy) (20% to exalted with ZG)
    3/3 Aq20 Set (+3 agi cloak, +5 weapon damage 1h)
    PvP chest (will farm Naxx trash chest and possibly genesis) (+100hp)
    Wristguards of Stability
    PvP Gloves (I think my other druid uses the ZG blue, but i certainly need these replaced)
    Taught Dragonhide Belt (May replace this with belt from zg heads, unsure how much hit I want)
    Blooddrenches Leggings (Will replace with Abyssal legs once i see them on AH)
    Boots of the Vanguard (+7agi)
    Signet Ring of Bronze Dragonflight (exalted)
    Rune of Metamorephosis (great for powershifts but I think a static trinket would be better)
    Heart of Whyrmthallak
    Mace of Unending Life +5 Weapon Damage
    Lei of the Lifegiver (lol i know, offhand in Strat live hasn't dropped it's #1 prio atm)

Feral Tank:
    Guise of the Devowerer (1% Dodge)
    Eskanders Collar
    Wyrmtongue Shoulders
    Dragon's Blood Cape (+3 Agi)
    Pvp chest
    Wristguards of stability
    Quickdraw Gloves (+15 agi)
    Taught Dragonhide Belt
    Warstrife Leggings (+1% dodge)
    Boots of the Vanguard (+7 Agi)
    Signet Ring of Bronze x2
    Mark of Tyranny
    AV Exalted
    Warden +25 agi

Resto:
    Creeping Vine Helm (Idol)
    Amulet of Shifting Sands
    Wild Growth Spaulders
    Hide of the Wild (+15 NR)
    Stormrage Chest (+100 mana)
    Stormrage Bracers (+24 healing)
    Wasphide Gauntlets (+30 healing)
    Regenerating Belt of Vek'nilash
    Stormrage Leggs (Idol)
    Boots of Pure Thought (+5 Spirit)
    Primalist Rings
    Royal Seal
    Blue Dragon
    Shadow Wing Focusing Staff (+55 healing)

Resistances ( Fire / Nature / Frost ) :

None atm, ofc I'll farm NR set for huhu and maybe FR set for rag/sapph.

Show us your UI :

Macki-Druid O5zz86

List of the addons you are currently using :

!AutoSave
    AtlasLoot
    BigWigs
    Bongos
    CTW
    ChatMod
    Snowfall
    Damagemeters
    Decursive
    eCastingBar
    Elkanos's Buff Bars
    Energywatch
    EzDismount
    Improved Error Frame
    KTM
    MobInfo
    Natur ECB
    OmniCC
    Outfitter
    SCT
    Theorycraft
    Xperl
    DefendYourself
    TrinketMenu

PvE Experience :
    I was a shitter in retail until Wotlk when Fox (a Prot Paladin) taught me to keybind and improve my UI; never cleared past MC in Vanilla, or saw any t5+ in BC. In wotlk I was in some good guilds but quit around ToTC because it was fucking stupid. Took a break and came to feenix about 2 years ago... started a US guild and we were pretty successful and had a good time. Played with AC on Hellground then they left and I stayed there for a while, then quit, then came back, then came back to feenix. On hellground I got a S2 rogue with some t5 gear--hellground is a 100% blizzlike polish server; 1x all rates, no donated items, etc. When I came back from hellground I joined Alixium, as US guild on horde side where I raided as a shadow priest. Eventually I saw that Resurection Gaming was recruiting fury warriors and I couldn't pass it up. I raided with Alixium and Ressurection Gaming for a few months then had to take a break from wow because of real life situations. Came back to feenix and saw that Resurection Gaming was dead but some of my friends were online in Final Exit so I joined them and have been raiding naxx. Honestly I think I was looking for RG when I joined that guild though and it so isn't and I don't really fit in there that well and I'm looking for more. Ofc I love loot and downing bosses and epeening it out over my sick skills and meter-topping deeps and heals but ultimately what this game comes down to is the experience of enjoying yourself playing with friends and having a community and a family. I started <Chainpull> a few months back because some old members of <Significantly Epic> were asking me to resurrect the old US community and we've now cleared 10/10 MC and run 1-2 of each 20man every reset, hoping to start BWL progression soon.

Previous guilds in Feenix :

Significantly Epic (Alliance) (GM): Warrior Tank, Druid Tank
    Clear MC, Ony, ZG, before AQ existed.

Argent Crusade (Alliance) (Trial): Warrior Tank
    Trialed In AC right before Auviance got banned, played with them for a short time on Hellground TBC.

Alixium (Horde) (Core Raider): Shadow Priest
    Clear MC, Ony, ZG, Server First Ossy (Aq20), BWL, AQ40 to Huru (pre Twins)
    Raided with all their other guilds as well... Oneshot, rollback, i can't even remember them all.

Resurrection Gaming (Alliance) (Core Raider): Warrior Fury
    Clear MC, Ony, ZG, AQ, BWL Server First Visc and Twins, I left before Cthun was released.

Final Exit (Alliance) (Raider): Warrior Fury
    Clear BWL, AQ40, 11/15 Naxx

General Information

Are you able to attend to at least 3 raids, every week (We raid Sun,Tues,Thurs 19:30-23:30 Server Time and invites start at 19.00 ST):

Yes

Full consumables and full enchanted gear is mandatory. Do you accept that ?

Yes

We might have to rotate you during a raid, are you willing to stay on stand by ?

Yes

Have you read the rules and do you accept them ?

Yes

Is there any member in <Praeda> that can vouch for you ?

I don't want people to vouch for me I'd rather prove myself.

Zerroc's favourite song ( Must answer ) : Lonely Island - Like a boss

(Optional) Add something you think we find interesting or useful : I'm a DJ.
    fatty
    fatty
    Grand Marshal
    Grand Marshal

Antal inlägg : 546

Macki-Druid Empty Re: Macki-Druid

Post  fatty Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:43 pm

What is "BiS" and what does it mean? Please explain fully.
    Feralmacki
    Feralmacki
    Newcomer
    Newcomer

Post  Feralmacki Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:16 pm

BIS = Best In Slot; It mean it's the best possible item for that item slot. Examples, Pre-Raid BiS, BiS Forever, BiS through BWL, etc.
    Onenightstab
    Onenightstab
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Antal inlägg : 462

Post  Onenightstab Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:46 pm

+1 because I want +3% crit buff ! Razz

And nice application, and I would like to see what this feral can do. Very Happy
    midzit
    midzit
    Grand Marshal
    Grand Marshal

Antal inlägg : 646

Post  midzit Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:25 am

staby u first need to be in raid and not on y lame danish beatch Smile
    2nd. althou u are usa and that is alarm mark for not reliable future raider if our CL consider u can be decent add to squad im glad to see what is your performance althou she prefer my hipe performance at very 1st!!!
    Naturalforce
    Naturalforce
    Grand Marshal
    Grand Marshal

Antal inlägg : 510

Post  Naturalforce Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:35 pm

I like his app, effort into it. big +1 from me. Id love to se a feral in our ranks.
    Capability/Justice_ll
    Capability/Justice_ll
    Knight-Champion
    Knight-Champion

Antal inlägg : 168

Post  Capability/Justice_ll Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:03 pm

hello!

first of all i would like to say, that you don't receive a 30 day ban for nothing. you most likely ignored a higher roll (of a hunter) and gave the item to a warrior (for him being a friend of yours or paying you)- which obviously doesn't give us the greatest impression.

second, i would like to know what specc you are going to run, if you want to tank and go all out on dps at the same time, because that isn't possible.

to the feral dps part:

i am going to link nithrasi's video here. a few words about him, since i know him and played with him. he is very dedicated and geared and he is most likely the best feral dps feenix can offer. he outgears you a lot.

if you follow this video and his topic in the forum, you will see he did less dps than the good hunters, while offering a 3% crit aura sometimes(i'll come to that later). so even if we consider we would take nithrasi into our raid, we would probably need to replace him with higher dps- due to us pretty much progressing bosses like patchwerk again. why would we invite you (with way less dps) to a naxxraid?

now to the 3% crit aura:
    a) it has about 80% uptime due to powershifting/range
    b) there is a white hit crit cap, you can reach easily (and also a yellow hit critcap for dagger rogues but i won't take that into consideration) about the standard critcap- i will explain that here:

The fact that 40% of all white-damage melee attacks made against a Boss
    Mob will be Glancing Blows, no matter what you do, has implications when
    choosing how much Crit Rating gear to use. Due to the table-based nature of WoW's attack resolution system, Glancing Blows take precedence
    over critical hits. If your combined miss, dodge, parry, block,
    glancing blow, and crit chance against a mob is 100% or higher, you will
    never see a normal white-damage hit made against that mob (all your
    hits will be either glancing blows or critical hits). If it exceeds
    100%, it is your critical hit chance that gets "pushed off the end" of
    the table. Any Crit Rating gear added past this point will not improve
    your critical hit chance with white-damage melee attacks at all. This
    is sometimes called the "Crit cap".

an example: stabby, our overgeared rogue that is griefing for the aura so much:

he has a chance to land a glancing blow (40%), his attacks will get dodged from bosses (6,5% chance from behind), even with his great gear he won't reach 27% hit, which is the cap for dualwielded white hits on bosses (so let's imagine he has +23% with the scope-if the scope is working). this adds up to 6,5+40+4=50,5% critcap (for whitehits). i'm pretty sure stabby will reach this amount of crit, raidbuffed with all elixirs and scrolls. and i'm 100% sure he is above this cap with ony buff.

so he will have 3% critchance added ONLY to his yellowhits (backstab) for 80% uptime, while his chance to crit with backstab is already insanely high. do you think this adds up for the huge lack of dps?

don't get me wrong, i would like to see you proof me wrong- i have a rank 10 feral druid as well and i love it...but i doubt it's worth it in a raid that is progressing content, to be honest.

few words to the tanking part: i really like some druidtanks (including myself Razz) a lot. but with our current healer situation and considering how the encounters we struggle with work, i think it would only cripple us to use a tank that gets higher damage spikes than a warrior.

just my 2 cents, other than that- decent application!

greetings!
    criippari
    criippari
    Marshal
    Marshal

Antal inlägg : 325

Post  criippari Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:48 pm

Ye well invite him for a test raid and if the dps is awful then I see no point keeping him as a feral. Dunno about resto situation, your resto gear seems okey.
    Feralmacki
    Feralmacki
    Newcomer
    Newcomer

Post  Feralmacki Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Just a quick note since I'm at work, but I've raided with Nithrasi and talked with him a bunch about ferals and it's too bad he went inactive before he gave me his account! As for the Qiraji manslayer, I looted to a warrior who was #3 roll over a holy paladin and a hunter who was the alt of a t3 paladin--I didn't know anyone in the raid it was just out of principle that the dps warrior should get the item. The hunter is most likely just friends with GMs so whatever. I'm excited for the sunday raid but wish I had more time to prep.
    Onenightstab
    Onenightstab
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Antal inlägg : 462

Post  Onenightstab Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Justicell, from what I read you either forgot to take weapon skill into consideration which lowers the chance of getting glancing blows, or you just didn't mention it and put it into the final equation?

Besides, I do not have 50% crit :p More like 43% I think.
    Capability/Justice_ll
    Capability/Justice_ll
    Knight-Champion
    Knight-Champion

Antal inlägg : 168

Post  Capability/Justice_ll Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Onenightstab wrote:Justicell, from what I read you either forgot to take weapon skill into consideration which lowers the chance of getting glancing blows, or you just didn't mention it and put it into the final equation?

Besides, I do not have 50% crit :p More like 43% I think.

Weapon skill greater than the normal max for your level (i.e. your level
    * 5) does not reduce the chance for a glancing blow to land.

Extra weapon skill only reduces the severity of the damage reduction.

43%? unbuffed maybe...
    maw
    maw
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Antal inlägg : 69

Post  maw Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:22 am

get the feral , there`s no such thing as to much crit XD
    IMWITHSTUPID
    IMWITHSTUPID
    King of Gnomes
    King of Gnomes

Antal inlägg : 964

Post  IMWITHSTUPID Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:33 am

I need crit as mdps priest. Get. Now. Thanks.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:48 am