Praeda

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Praeda

Praeda

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feenix WoW

5 posters

Darkshivan - Protection Warrior

DarkshivanProudToBeGay
    DarkshivanProudToBeGay
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Antal inlägg : 452

Darkshivan - Protection Warrior Empty Darkshivan - Protection Warrior

Post  DarkshivanProudToBeGay Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:10 pm

Darkshivan’s Praeda application

Personal Information

Your name:
    Sérgio Freitas

Your age:

Your nationality:
    Portuguese

Your time zone:
    GMT+0 (Lisbon/London/Dublin time)

Other information about yourself
    I do know this isn’t asked on the Application form, so you can just skip ahead, but I’d like to be seen as a person joining a new family and not just a tank filling your great roaster. As a person, I am a Software Engineering student. I’m a very sociable and kind guy. I love to laugh with friends and other people, learn other cultures. I can be described as a perfectionist. I’m a man of passions, when I fall in love with one thing, I never rest until I master it. This kind of passion is felt when it comes to programming, drawing or, in a way, tanking. I’m not an artist, but I think I can do a decent job at drawing, but I draw for fun, it’s just a hobby. (If you want I can show you some of my very average works)

Character Information

Character name :
    Darkshivan

Class :
    Warrior

Race :
    Night Elf (female)

Spec :
    Protection: 7/9/35(*)
    I’m willing to respec to any spec as long as it benefits the guild most. I’m aware this is a quite unorthodox spec and I’m willing to respect to something more conventional.

(*) Talent Spec Notes:
    This is going to take some effort but I'd like to explain reasoning behind my spec. With 35 talent points in protection you can get all the essential talents that make up a protection warrior and those are:

• Shield Specialization 5/5
    • Anticipation 5/5
    • Toughness 5/5
    • Improved Bloodrage 2/2
    • Last Stand 1/1
    • Improved Shield Block 1/3 – this talent provides a doubled block with 1 point. More points do not benefit the protection warrior, as increasing the duration of a buff that should be always up as soon as the cooldown is over, is pretty useless.
    • Defiance 5/5
    • Improved Taunt 2/2
    • Improved Shield Wall 2/2
    • Concussion Blow 1/1
    • One-Handed Weapon Specialization 5/5
    • Shield Slam 1/1

Outside the protection tree, only 5 points are mandatory for a protection warrior on the arms tree:

• Deflection 5/5

As I view, when actually tanking i.e. taking damage from a boss/mob, rage is no issue. Talents that decrease rage cost of abilities do not benefit the protection warrior. Talents like improved Revenge and Improved Shield Bash are rather useless in high end PvE as well, unless on trash mobs. It’s very situational.

These points in protection and arms are the only ones I consider essential. Therefore, the leftover 11 points are spread around on not so essential things. For example, 2 points in Tactical Mastery so I can easily change stance to Intercept (costs 10 rage) or do a mocking blow in case my taunt resisted (costs 10 rage as well). As for fury, I consider Cruelty 5/5 a fun option for threat, but for sure not an essential choice. But it allows me to get some points in improved Demoralizing shout which is a very decent supportive talent by nerfing the enemies’ DPS and helping the tank take less damage.

As for improved taunt, it’s very situational, but it’s a life saver as taunts tend to resist a lot. They are seen as spells and therefore they require the spell hit cap, which as you are aware, is pretty high, even with the 4/8 Dreadnaught set bonus.

Attunements:

• MC: Yes;
    • BWL: Yes;
    • Naxxramas: Yes;

List all your gear and enchants:

SlotItemEnchant
    Head[Helm of Wrath]+7 Defense/+10 Stamina/+15 Block Value
    Neck[Master Dragonslayer's Medallion]N/A
    Shoulder[Pauldrons of Wrath]+30 Attack Power
    Cloak[Sandstorm Cloak]+1% Dodge
    Chest[Breastplate of Might]+100 HP
    Bracers[Icebane Bracers] (1)+9 Stamina
    Hands[Gauntlets of Wrath]+15 Agility
    Waist[Royal Qiraji Belt]N/A
    Legs[Legplates of Wrath]+7 Defense/+10 Stamina/+15 Block Value
    Feet[Boots of the Unwavering Will]+7 Stamina
    Finger 1[Ring of Emperor Vek'lor]N/A
    Finger 2[Signet Ring of the Bronze Dragonflight]N/A
    Trinket 1[Onyxia Blood Talisman]N/A
    Trinket 2[Force of Will]N/A
    Mainhand[Quel'Serrar]+15 Agility
    Offhand[Aegis of the Blood God]+2% Blocking (3)
    Ranged[Mandokir's Sting] (2) N/A
    (Click on the items to see them on db.valkyrie-wow.com database)

(1)I have a T3 bracers token, which I can't use for the current moment since I do lack the quest Echoes of War. Missing the abomination wing’s mobs. I do consider this as a very decent upgrade.
    (2) As tested, not by me, but by several players and backed up on forum posts, the 3% hit scope does not affect melee hit. But if needed, I’ll get it.
    (3) I chose 2% block instead of 7 stamina because I do believe that pushing off those crushings by 2% when Shield Block isn’t active (it’s still on Cooldown and has been used) is more of a life saver than actually having 70 additional hit points.

Additional Justifications:

This gear provides me 125 defense. It's still 5 defense off the cap (considering I get +10 defense from talents), making me crittable. Unfortunately I'm aware of this and if requested I can change enchants around to reach those 5 defense that are missing.
    My calculated stats are (unbuffed):

Avoidance
    Dodge:20.05%
    Parry:18.40%
    Miss against me:(5% base chance) + 135/25(25 defense = 1% miss) = 10.40%
    Block:22.40%
    Total Avoidance:48.85%
    Total Avoidance + Mitigation:71.25%

Mitigation
    Block Value:146
    Armor Value:8852 (61.7% mitigation)

Base
    Health:6079
    Stamina:447
    Strength:267

I have additional gear for extra stamina such as Might Bracers and Buru’s Skull Fragment, if requested.

Resistances ( Fire / Nature / Frost ) :

• FR: 207
    • NR: 180
    • FrR: 74 (lacking more Icebane items that I can get as soon as requested)

I have a decent BiS pre-raid DPS gear that can be used for some fury DPS if requested. Still I think I have quite a lot more to learn till my fury skill matches up to my tanking one.

I’d like also to add that I can feel a decent supporter role with my Nighfall, crafted by one of your members, Midzit.

Show us your UI :

Darkshivan - Protection Warrior MTMhh
    (Click for larger image)

List of the addons you are currently using:

• Atlasloot
    • Bartender
    • Bigwiggs
    • Buffalo
    • CT_RaidAssist
    • KTM Threat Meter
    • Natur Enemy Castbar
    • Outfitter
    • Recap
    • Scrolling Combat Text
    • Sw Stats
    • Xpearl

PvE Experience :

I’m going to divide my PvE experience into 2 categories, Retail and Feenix:

Retail:

Vanilla (pre patch 2.0):
    AQ20Cleared
    ZGCleared
    OnyxiaCleared
    OnyxiaCleared
    MCCleared
    BWL Cleared
    AQ40Killed Skeram
    NaxxramasKilled Razuvious

TBC (pre patch 3.0):
    KarazhanCleared
    Zul’AmanCleared + Mount farmed
    Gruul’s lairCleared
    Magtheridon’s LairCleared
    SSCUp to Vashj
    TK Up to Kael
    HyjalCleared
    BTCleared
    SwPKilled Kalecgos

WotLK (pre ToC):
    NaxxramasCleared
    SartharionCleared (3 Drakes on both settings)
    MalygosCleared
    UlduarCleared

Feenix:
    AQ20Cleared
    ZGCleared
    OnyxiaCleared
    OnyxiaCleared
    MCCleared
    BWLCleared
    AQ40Killed up to C'thun
    NaxxramasKilled Spider Wing + Razuvious

Previous guilds in Feenix :

• The Dedicated Few
      Leveling and social guild, I had fun there, but I came to this server to progress in PvE and catch up with my previous achievements.

• Industrial Strength
      My first raiding guild, I joined in during a complicated moment and this guild merged with Great Bulgaria into Myth, resulting in a disband. So we finally merged with Fidelis.

• Fidelis
      Very good guild at the start, players had the right attitude, but the summer killed it, too many players leaving, very unreliable recruits, very few completely full raids. I don’t want to have any bad blood between them. I love the people there and I see them as great friends. Also the guild felt staggered, as the guild didn’t try any new bosses in the last 2 months when I was there.

General Information

Are you able to attend to at least 3 raids, every week (We raid Sun, Tues, Thurs 19:30-23:30 Server Time and invites start at 19.00 ST):
    As I’ve stated with some of you, I can raid on Thursdays and Tuesdays without any problems, however, during Sundays I’m a very irregular person, not knowing if I can or cannot come. However I can inform you when I come with some anticipation. As Sunday’s are usually days to spend with family and friends here in Portugal and I still have a life!

Full consumables and full enchanted gear is mandatory. Do you accept that?
    I do accept, and I am a reliable person when it comes to your expectations of a raider, however, I do have an issue which I’d like to address. Due to the lack of information I am quite ignorant about what’s the best buff combination and which buffs stack for a tank.
    Currently I’m using:

• Tender Wolf Steak
    • Dirge’s Kickin’ Chimerok Chopps
    • Elixir of Giants
    • Elixir of the Mongoose
    • Elixir of Superior Defense
    • Greater Stoneshield Potion
    • Flask of the Titans
    • Any resistance potions specific to a fight
    • Any other buff requested in high amounts (Immature Venom Sacs for example)

I’d like to honestly know which combination I should use and if I should grab any additional Elixirs, which I’ll do gladly as requested or suggested.

We might have to rotate you during a raid, are you willing to stay on stand by?
    Yes, I am willing to do whatever benefits more Praeda’s intentions and interests. I understand that sometimes raid composition is what makes a raid successful and I am willing to do any sacrifice to increase Praeda’s success.

Have you read the rules and do you accept them?
    I did read them all and I accept, although I noticed some of them are outdated when it came to progress and DKP Razz I think you guys aren’t stuck at Chromaggus anymore!

Is there any member in <Praeda> that can vouch for you ?
    There are a couple of people I’ve kept in touch for all these days since the first Naxxramas raid I did with Praeda, but I should at least name:

• Axegrinding
    • Bockam
    • Midzit
    • Naturalforce

Zerroc's favourite song (Must answer):
    Lonely Island - Like a boss

(Optional) Add something you think we find interesting or useful:
    About my WoW Career
    World of Warcraft touched my life when I was 15 years old, back in September 2005. I was a stubborn teenager that thought of himself as better than anyone else, but as soon as I dinged maximum level, I was struck by a lightning of realism and realized how below average I was. Just how ignorant I was about the game and how elitist I was being by ignoring advice. That was a turn point in my WoW career, because as soon as I acknowledged all that, I picked up a new objective, of learning, gaining knowledge and always doing my best. This resulted in becoming someone on my server.

I achieved several things on retail, mainly in TBC, like the [Amani War Bear] which is one of my proudest achievements, being the other the creation of my own guild. During WotLK expansion, me and a couple of good friends decided to make a guild of our own, this turned out to be quite successful and it was one of the greatest feelings I ever felt in the game.

About myself:
    I like to see myself as a person that loves to work to achieve a goal.
    I am a very critic person in the way that I believe that I have critical thinking over fights. This skill allows me to adapt very easily to new fights and unpredictable conditions. For example if I see that one tank dies and I take over the tanking, even if there are more tanks or even I’d end up dying, I see that there are greater odds of surviving than if I’d stay still and wait for others with more gear / experience to do it for me.

I always try to give 130% of myself. I have very high standards upon myself that I very rarely achieve, but I think that’s one of my greatest qualities, that I am very critical and harsh upon myself, always wanting to improve. I’ll never achieve perfection but I’ll dry trying, and in the meantime, support you all with my best performance.

I’m a theorycrafter as well. During the Burning Crusade expansion, a huge amount of information about tanking mechanics was released or made more notorious, I used this moment to study the game and try to improve myself as a tank and a player, so I am very knowledgeable of my class, even though some mechanics on Feenix aren’t 100% Blizzlike (unlike the server publicity Razz), I do see myself learning them and testing them, so I can adapt to the way things work around here.

However, I do have an issue that might stagger my performance. I do not leave alone, I leave under my mother’s roof, which is good, as she pays the bills, but I do have to help her whenever she needs and give her company. There is an issue because when my mother has dinner at home, I have to keep her company. This won’t be a common issue, but I might have to do some urgent 10 minutes AFKs due to this.

I’d like to add as well that I am a very transparent person. Anything I have to say, I do. I have nothing to hide!

Final Notes

My professions are blacksmithing and engineering. I have a few rare patterns with Blacksmithing, such as Lionheart helm and I can craft full plate NR gear and all of FR gear except for the boots.

As an engineer, I don’t have any special patterns but I can create repair bots to support the guild.

I’d like to thank Praeda for the chance and hospitality given to me during your Naxxramas raids. I’d really enjoy to be part of the community and the team, in exchange I can provide a dedicated player with some sense of humor!

If anyone is interested, I can link the armory to my retail characters, both protection warriors, but quite inactive:
    Darkshivan Main from 2005-2007 (vanilla character)
    Outbreaker Main from 2007-2011 (has Amani Warbear /flex)

I hope you enjoyed reading my application,

Fingers crossed,
    Darkshivan
    Franckdux
    Franckdux
    King of Gnomes
    King of Gnomes

Antal inlägg : 995

Darkshivan - Protection Warrior Empty Re: Darkshivan - Protection Warrior

Post  Franckdux Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:12 pm

Accepted.

Welcome to <Praeda>