Praeda

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Praeda

Praeda

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feenix WoW

+7
Judgemend
Bockam
Franckdux
Aleixian
fatty
Becko
Jefferey the Paladin
11 posters

Jefferey's paladin application

Jefferey the Paladin
    Jefferey the Paladin
    Newcomer
    Newcomer

Antal inlägg : 5

Jefferey's paladin application Empty Jefferey's paladin application

Post  Jefferey the Paladin Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:06 pm

Personal Information:

Your name: Kristoffer
    Your age: Sixteen
    Your nationality: Norway
    Your time zone: GMT +1

Character Information:

Character name: Jefferey
    Class: Paladin
    Race: Human

Professions:
    Herbalism: 300
    Enchanting: 165
    First aid: 300

Specialization:

I am applying to Praeda as a Retribution Paladin focused on spell damage, sometimes known as a "Seal of Righteousness Retribution" build.

I do believe this spec is not represented a lot on Feenix and before you dismiss it as yet another unviable Retribution build I'd like to explain how it differs from the Retribution builds normally displayed on Feenix.
    The key difference is the focus of attributes. Whereas a "normal" Retribution specialization aims for AP and Crit, but a SoR Retribution specialization aims to balance melee stats while focusing on SP.

This build allows for the high coefficient of the Paladin spells to be put to greater use, therefore increasing the DPS output. The focus of gear also increases sustainability by a large amount.

Talent point allocation is as following:
    Jefferey's paladin application Talentk

Note: With the exception of Eye for an Eye every talent point is chosen specifically for maximum performance in a PvE environment.
    I am unsure whether you prefer it short and simple or if you like to see the thinking behind the build. I personally like to be safe rather than sorry so I'll include an explanation of why each talent was picked, it's easy enough to scroll over if you're not interested:

Divine Strength: Although SoR Retribution uses a 1H weapon to do DPS white damage still constitutes a fair amount of our total DPS making it a choice talent.

Divine Intellect: Mostly taken as leftover. It increases sustainability and spell crit chance, although the latter is negligible as Paladins only have one spell capable of critting which is Judgement. On an eight second CD with only a 1.5x damage modifier spell crit is not something to aim for.

Improved Seal of Righteousness: A talent that directly increases up to 50% of total damage by 15%, an obvious choice.

Consecration: The third primary damage dealing ability of the SoR build, an obvious choice.

Redoubt: A little something extra to help with the survivability as Sanctity Aura will be up almost constantly, making Improved Devotion Aura worth less than otherwise.

Precision: As melee attacks need to make contact for SoR to proc and SoR Retribution gear generally lacks hit this is a core talent for the build.

Improved Blessing of Might: An excellent talent to help out with raid contribution, perhaps allowing one Holy Paladin currently specced into it to go, instead for more talents in Protection for increased survivability.

Benediction: Increased sustainability, an obvious choice.

Improved Seal of the Crusader: A huge boost to each damage spell in the SoR Retribution arsenal, an obvious choice.

Improved Judgement: Besides directly increasing damage output through the lowering of the cooldown this talent opens another very important door. Taking this talent brings Consecration and Judgement to the same cooldown, enabling rapid casting of each in succession. Executed correctly this means 6.5 seconds pass between casts enabling one, with luck even two, mana regeneration ticks, increasing sustainability.

Pursuit of Justice: Time spent running between targets is time spent not dealing damage. An essential talent that also frees up the enchant slot on boots for +7 agility.

Conviction: Melee crits are very important in a SoR Retribution build as they maintain Vengeance uptime, giving up to 15% increased damage on all attacks and abilities.

Sanctity Aura: 10% increased damage on every Paladin spell, an obvious choice.

Vengeance: With the correct crit value this talent provides an almost 100% uptime of 15% increased total damage, the core of the Retribution tree.

Attuned to Molten Core/Blackwing Lair/Naxxramas: Attuned/Attuned/Attuned

List all your gear and enchants (Caster = Hit + Crit + SP, Melee = Hit + Crit + AP):

I have gone into some detail regarding the spec itself but in a fashion similar to Warriors the SoR Retribution build is very dependent on gear.

Its highest pure damage contributor is SP but it also requires melee crit chance for increased Vengance uptime.

With that in mind you may want to take another look at the paladin T2.5 and be surprised Wink.

With such specific attributes to seek out it can be quite bothersome to find good gear at lower levels. I however am certain I have gathered the best possible pre-raid equipment currently available to me.

List of gear:

Head: [Soulforge Helm] - (+8 agility)
    Neck: [Beads of Orge Mojo]
    Shoulders: [Soulforge Spaulders]
    Back: [Cloak of the Hakkari Worshipers] - (+3 Agility)
    Chest: [Soulforge Breastplate] - (+4 all stats)
    Bracers: [Soulforge Bracers]- (+4 MP5)
    Main hand: [Ironfoe] - (+30 spell damage)
    Off hand: [Fire Runed Grimoire]
    Hands: [Soulforge Gauntlets] - (+15 agility)
    Waist: [Soulforge Belt]
    Legs:[Soulforge Legplates] - (+8 agility)
    Feet: [Soulforge Boots] - (+7 agility)
    Ring: [Tarnished Elven Ring]
    Ring: [Amalgam’s Band]
    Trinket: [Blackhand’s Breadth]
    Trinket:[/u] [Hand of Justice]

Here are my current attribute statistics:

Stamina: 240
    Intellect: 231
    Spirit: 132
    Melee hit: 4%
    Melee crit: 21,78%
    Spell crit: 1%
    Spell power: 171
    Armor: 4353 (Damage reduction against a lvl 60 attacker: 44,2%)
    Attack Power: 674
    MP5: 19/5s
    Health: 3601
    Mana: 4697

Although it is not a requirement I'd like to expand this section and include thought about how I had considered my future gear setup to be.
    I'll also list alternatives that are based on more realistic terms.

The T2.5 set does not have alternatives and will therefore stand alone.

Head: [Avenger's Crown] - (+8 agility)
    Neck: [Amulet of Vek'nilash].

A more reasonable alternative would be [Choker of the Fire Lord]. The difference is quite minimal, a slight DPS increase and better Vengeance uptime but definitely not an upgrade on an equal level with other casters.

Shoulders: [Avenger's Pauldrons] - (+18 spell damage)
    Back: [Cloak of the Devoured] - (+3 Agility).

A more reasonable alternative would be [Cloak of the Brood Lord]. Since Retribution Paladins don't require spell hit the upgrade is only really 2 SP.

Chest: [Avenger's Breastplate] - (+4 all stats).
    Bracers: [The Soul Harvester's Bindings] - (+4 MP5).

A more reasonable alternative would be [Burrower Bracers] as the spell crit is very wasted on a Retribution Paladin.

Main hand: I'll personally be doing my best to acquire TF but what I'd aim for primarily with the guild would be [Wraith Blade] - (+30 spell damage). Besides being the highest SP weapon it also is the fastest SP weapon available short of daggers. A faster weapon means more hits and therefore higher chances of a critical strike during the time window of Vengeance, allowing for better uptime. An alternative would be [Lok'amir il Romathis].

Off hand: [Therazane's Touch].
    Hands: [Gauntlets of the Righteous Champion] - (+15 agility).

The only alternative would be R12 gauntlets but these are more realistic.

Waist: [Belt of the Grand Crusader] and [Grasp of the Fallen Emperor] are both relatively easy to get, assuming Grasp drops for alliance on Feenix.

Legs: [Avenger's Legguards] - (+8 agility)
    Feet: [Avenger's Greaves] - (+7 agility)

Ring: I'll be doing my best to get [Wrath of Cenarius] but the best raid rings I could aqcuire would be [Signet Ring of the Bronze Dragonflight] + [Ring of Blackrock] on fights where sustainability is required and the [Ring of the Fallen God] + [Band of the Inevitable] for more pure DPS.

Trinket: The BiS trinkets for me would be [Kiss of the Spider] for the increased Vengeance uptime, more hits for SoR procs and the melee haste keeps the SoR damage static while getting more attacks in. Along with that [Neltharion's Tear] would be the best for its highest raw SP on a trinket. As these are both more viable for other classes I'd call [Briarwood Reed] and [Rune of the Dawn] my best alternatives, under the assumption that most progress fights are in Naxxramas against undead. Alternatively on non-undead fights the Rune could be replaced with BHB or HoJ.

Resistances (Fire/Nature/Frost):
    Fire: 0
    Nature: 93
    Frost: 0

As Fire and Frost resistance gear of any acceptable quality require higher level materials I have been unable to acquire them. I have however made a list of the items of these resistance that I believe are the least downgrade (best) for me.

Fire: [Dark Iron Helm] and [Dark Iron Leggings], both enchanted with +20 FR.

Frost: [Icebane Bracers], [Icebane Gauntlets] and [Ramaladni's Icy Grasp]. On Sapphiron I am reluctant to break the 5 piece T2.5 bonus so I opted for off-piece items.

Shows us your User Interface:
    Jefferey's paladin application Newscreenshot

List of the add-ons you are currently using:
    • Ace 2
    • AdvancedTradeSkillWindow
    • Ag_unitframes
    • AIO Library Package
    • Atlas v1.8.1
    • AltasLoot [PRE-TBC Edition]
    • Bartender2 Dreamlayout
    • Bartender 2 –Ace2-
    • BonusScanner
    • C’Thun Warner
    • Caster Stats
    • Castprogress
    • Gromsfarmer
    • Improved Error Frame
    • Itemrack
    • KLHThreatMeter
    • MetaMap
    • MoveAnything!
    • Nature ECB (4.4.0)
    • Omni Cooldown Count
    • OneBag
    • OneBank
    • ProfessionLevel
    • Recap
    • SimpleMiniMap
    • Spell Alert
    • TheoryCraft
    • UUI – TrinketMenu
    • Sol’s Color Chat Nicks 1.8

PvE Experience:

My current raiding experience in vanilla is as follows:
    ZG
    AQ20
    MC
    BWL
    AQ40
    Spider Wing of Naxxramas

I did all of these raids on another 1.12.1 private server called VanillaGaming where I was a member and later an officer of the server’s currently best guild.

Once again I am unsure whether you like it short and simple or prefer a more concrete answer; therefore I will give you both.

Short and simple: I know the tactics and have experience with all of the instances and encounters mentioned above. I know the tactics of all fights I have yet to experience.

A little more concrete: As I experienced these encounters on another private server and not retail nor Feenix you might be wondering whether I faced these bosses in an easier state than they should have been in.

I will admit that this is the case for most of the lower end bosses but I'll go into detail regarding C'thun and Spider Wing on VanillaGaming to give you a better idea of my experience:

On VanillaGaming C'thun is relatively Blizzlike in phase 1. Having a retail debuff limit of 16 it takes a bit longer to get through but it's just as it should be with people that know how to position themselves (easy).
    The difficulty starts on phase 2 where Giant Claw Tentacles are bugged in a fashion that makes them melee their target before the Ground Rupture occurs. This means that if you're unlucky enough to get Thrashed you instantly die when they spawn on you.
    Secondly the Small Eye Tentacles spawn every 20 seconds instead of every 30.
    Last but not least the Giant Eye Tentacles have a tendency to keep shooting Eye Beams despite being stunned, this can lead to a catastrophe.

Anub'Rekhan is another stunning example of VanillaGaming not making it easier for the players.
    His two Crypt Guards that are with him at the start of the encounter start respawning 5 minutes into the fight, effectively giving it a "5 minute Berserk timer" if you will.
    Also his Impale hits a much larger area and exceeds 40 yards range.
    Lastly the Corpse Scarabs hit a well geared tank for roughly 350 damage, making them instant doom for any caster that aggros more than 2.

Faerlina is exceedingly annoying in most regards as well.
    Due to a bug all Charm effects (aka, Mind Control) break on damage. This means that if the priest or the mob are hit by either Poison Bolt Volley or Rain of Fire the Mind Control will break and most likely it will end in the priests death.
    Further complicating matters is that once enraged Faerlina tends to hit tanks for ~15k damage unless they use Shield Wall.

Finally Maexxna. Fortunately she's very legitimately scripted in everything but damage.
    Once Enraged she crushes a non-Shield Walling tank for around ~9k damage, meaning that an unfortunate crush + spell wipes the tank as he's saving the Shield Wall for Web Wrap.
    Because of everything mentioned above I find myself in a reasonably safe position to claim that I have experienced these encounters under no lesser difficulty than I might do on Feenix.

Previous guilds in Feenix:

As I have only recently joined the server I have not had the pleasure of being a member of another guild on Feenix.
    Not long after I joined the server I had a chat with Darkshivan, a conversation that lead to discussions regarding Praeda and soon thereafter my interest in joining this guild and no other.

General Information:

Are you able to attend to at least 3 raids, every week (We raid Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays 19:30-23:30 Server Time and invites start at 19.00 ST):

Unless abnormal circumstances arise I can confidently say that I will have spotless raid attendance for those particular days. In fact they are exceedingly well suited for me as I work on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Can you come to raids and supply your own consumables (e.g. Flasks). Please state what consumables you are using:

Yes, I am fully capable to supply my own consumables.

Here is my current list of consumables that I have:
    • Elixir of the Mongoose (100)
    • Elixir of Greater Intellect (200)
    • Elixir of Giants (100)
    • Greater Arcane Elixir (100)
    • Mageblood Potion (100)
    • Winterfall Firewater (10)
    • Rumsey Rum Black Label (100)
    • Elixir of Fortitude (100)
    • Dirge’s Kickin’ Chimaerok Chops (10)
    • Major Mana Potion (200)
    • Demonic Rune (200)
    • Scroll of Strength IV (10)
    • Scroll of Stamina IV (15)
    • Scroll of Agility IV (10)
    • Scroll of Protection IV (15)
    • Heavy Runecloth Bandage (300)
    • Dark Rune (24)
    • Greater Shadow Protection Potion (10)
    • Greater Nature Protection Potion (10)
    • Greater Fire Protection Potion (10)
    • Brilliant Wizard Oil (100 charges)
    • R.O.I.D.S (1)
    • Lung Juice Cocktail (1)
    • Ground Scorpok Assay (1)
    • Stratholme Holy Water (10)
    • Bloodkelp Elixir of Dodging (3)

Jefferey's paladin application Fullbank

Note: This is only one of my banks.

We might have to rotate you during a raid, are you willing to stay on standby?

Yes, I am willing to stay on standby.

Have you read the rules and do you accept them?

Yes, I have read the rules and I do fully accept them.

Is there any member in <Praeda> that can vouch for you?

Darkshivan and Schnap can vouch for me.

Since the forum is a big part of the community you are obligated to be active on the forum and sign up for raids and contribute with your opinions. Are you willing to go along with this?

Yes, I am willing to sign up for raids and contribute with my opinions and knowledge. I was very active on the guild forum of my previous guild.

Zerroc's favourite song (must answer):

Lonely Island – Airdrawndagger

(Optional) Add something you think we find interesting or useful:

A male red kangaroo can cover over 9m in a single jump (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_kangaroo )

Last edited by Jefferey the Paladin on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Becko
    Becko
    Knight-Champion
    Knight-Champion

Antal inlägg : 173

Jefferey's paladin application Empty Re: Jefferey's paladin application

Post  Becko Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:33 pm

very nice application man (compared to some ret applications before ) +1 Smile
    Jefferey the Paladin
    Jefferey the Paladin
    Newcomer
    Newcomer

Post  Jefferey the Paladin Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:45 pm

Becko wrote:very nice application man (compared to some ret applications before ) +1 Smile

Thank you, I really appreciate your comment.
    fatty
    fatty
    Grand Marshal
    Grand Marshal

Antal inlägg : 546

Post  fatty Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:51 pm

The general rule for hybrids is that they either have to:

1. Increase the overall raid DPS to justify their spot (and their gear)
    2. Do enough DPS to compete with other "pure" dps classes (rogues, locks and mages).

So far i have only seen fury warriors and shadow priests satisfy one or both of those demands. Retri paladins, prot paladins, feral druids and balance druids can all be useful for certain fights, but they are never required, and their roles can easily be filled by other more qualified and useful classes classes.

Jefferey the Paladin
    Jefferey the Paladin
    Newcomer
    Newcomer

Post  Jefferey the Paladin Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:15 pm

fatty wrote:The general rule for hybrids is that they either have to:

1. Increase the overall raid DPS to justify their spot (and their gear)
    2. Do enough DPS to compete with other "pure" dps classes (rogues, locks and mages).

So far i have only seen fury warriors and shadow priests satisfy one or both of those demands. Retri paladins, prot paladins, feral druids and balance druids can all be useful for certain fights, but they are never required, and their roles can easily be filled by other more qualified and useful classes classes.

I respect your opinion, and actually think you're more than right, but I know I have the ability to change your thoughts about hybrids if I am given a chance.
    Aleixian
    Aleixian
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Antal inlägg : 70

Post  Aleixian Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:42 am

You really put an effort on your apply man, its really well done.

PD:WTB your bank!
    Jefferey the Paladin
    Jefferey the Paladin
    Newcomer
    Newcomer

Post  Jefferey the Paladin Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:02 am

Aleixian wrote:You really put an effort on your apply man, its really well done.

PD:WTB your bank!

Thanks for your positive feedback.

Sorry, my banks for not for sale. ^.-
    Franckdux
    Franckdux
    King of Gnomes
    King of Gnomes

Antal inlägg : 995

Post  Franckdux Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:26 am

Hello,

I'm not playing anymore but I have a question : Why do you have 0/3 in Vindication talent ? It's the only talent "helping" the raid as Retribution and you don't use it, so why ?

If you are supposed to dps you could remove 2/2 Eye for an Eye and 1 point in Divine Intellect or Consecration to get 3/3 Vindication maybe ?

This talent has always been the main argument of the Ret paladins I've seen applied here and people in guild asking for a ret paladin.

And no offense, but with you current gear I doubt that you will dps more than the MT on bosses.

Cheers
    Bockam
    Bockam
    Commander
    Commander

Antal inlägg : 231

Post  Bockam Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:07 am

srysly stop to do zjit ! franckdux !

xD XD xD
    Judgemend
    Judgemend
    Commander
    Commander

Antal inlägg : 229

Post  Judgemend Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:34 am

Hello, Jefferey!

This is best application I ever seen, but I have to decline it because Retribution paladins are not avaible PvE class in Vanilla even with Nightfall.

Judgemend, Paladin CL of <Praeda>.
    DarkshivanProudToBeGay
    DarkshivanProudToBeGay
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Antal inlägg : 452

Post  DarkshivanProudToBeGay Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:42 pm

Jefferey is a player that since he joined the server has shown me unparalleled dedication. Even as a controversial spec, he has shown me that strong dedication and beliefs can go through a long way.

It doesn't hurt to give him a chance, even if his dps isn't as great, it's a great player that we are losing by not investing in giving him a chance.

So, I'd like you to reconsider your choice and trial Jefferey and I promise you that you won't regret it.
    Floortje
    Floortje
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Antal inlägg : 412

Post  Floortje Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:21 pm

I'm sorry but I've got to say no.

Darkshivan, you're entirely in the wrong. Regardless of dedication, skill or what ever Jeffrey can bring to the table, a mage/lock/rogue/furywarrior will always do a better job. This is a sad fact of vanilla raiding and therefore we would be wasting 1 slot if we take a retri paladin in our raid. Let alone the items he is aiming for, he'd never get them realistically. Wraithblade, soul harvester bracers etc., it simply wont happen ever.

The application is awesome but the spec is not viable and I'm not looking forward to raid with 39 people instead of 40. I can see where he is coming from and it's great that he shows dedication, but it's sadly just not good enough. He applies as DPS-er and what is the point of he will do tank/hunter dps, in his best setup he will be competing with pre-raid bis casters at best, so rather get another warlock/mage.

Jeffrey, all the best to you and I do hope you'll find a guild that can offer you what you're looking for, you seem to be a pretty cool dude.

Cheers
    Jefferey the Paladin
    Jefferey the Paladin
    Newcomer
    Newcomer

Post  Jefferey the Paladin Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:04 pm

Franckdux wrote:Hello,

I'm not playing anymore but I have a question : Why do you have 0/3 in Vindication talent ? It's the only talent "helping" the raid as Retribution and you don't use it, so why ?

If you are supposed to dps you could remove 2/2 Eye for an Eye and 1 point in Divine Intellect or Consecration to get 3/3 Vindication maybe ?

This talent has always been the main argument of the Ret paladins I've seen applied here and people in guild asking for a ret paladin.

And no offense, but with you current gear I doubt that you will dps more than the MT on bosses.

Cheers

Hello.

The reason for why I do not not have any points in Vindication is because bosses doesn't have any attributes. So to put any points in Vindication is a waste, since it does not affect bosses at all.

Source: http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/35307-paladin-pve-dps/page__st__20__p__295714#entry295714
    h2su
    Corporal
    Corporal

Antal inlägg : 58

Post  h2su Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:00 pm

Hello Jefferey, or should I say Kristoffer.

I would like to comment on this topic concerning all the things that you and some have posted.

1st of all - A Retribution Paladin is a bad choice for any PvE guild in vanilla, as he doesn't contribute to the raid in any other way other than keeping the Seals up from other paladins, or giving a bonus to aggro to a Protection Paladin (given that noone uses a Protection Paladin that is useless), and that continued to be their role even in TBC with much more dmg talents and mana sustainability talents, where only the Blood Elves could be good retributions, cause they don't have mana issues as much as alliance paladins.
    The reason that paladins are bad in vanilla is their low mana pool resulting in them being useless in longer fights. They do not give any aura useful to other dps, and even the buff can be taken as a holy paladin.

2nd of all - SP paladins are not a PvE spec and certainly not a ret spec also. The only spec using SP is a shockadin and it includes a bit of ret talents for burst dmg, but I will not go into that now. The reason Paladins go for AP and crit is cause they need to keep up the high dps and dmg output, not cause someone said so. With SP you will burst your mana way too fast, and given that you are SP oriented you will lose the dps and dmg output u have, leaving you even more useless compared to a regular ret spec. Also AP increases the dmg of your holy shield and consecrate ability (it doesn't apply to seals unfortunately)

3rdly - Concerning your build, I would like to comment on some things there as well.
    Here are 2 builds you should be using as a retribution:
    http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_2_85c501j53m552300512003150
    or
    http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_2_8520501j53m5523c51d3150

You said you SoR works only with a 1H wep, which is entirely not true. SoR works best with a slow wep, increasing its dmg, hence the 2H stands better for that as well.
    You have taken Eye for an Eye talent, which is a total waste of a talent, considering you will most likely not be taking dmg. If you plan to tank that is a whole different story.
    Also you posted that you have 1% spell crit, which isn't true, since caster stats addon only registers the bonus crit you have from gear. Get Theory Craft addon and you will see how much crit you have when you hover over your spell.

Considering gear, Lightforge set or Soulforge set are good sets for a starter paladin tank not a retribution. Retribution Paladins go for some gear that gives AP and crit so the dungeon set isn't rly for them.

I do appreciate you taking an effort in posting a long post such as this, but you should really explore your class better before doing so.

Do not think this as a negative comment or flaming, it's just a state of fact, and I was known as one of the alternative oriented paladins in the guild.

You will get into it, just accept the facts for now. Sad

If it helps, contact me in-game and I will be more than happy to help you out. Also, I can make Nightfall.

Good luck.
    Timosoini
    Timosoini
    Commander
    Commander

Antal inlägg : 290

Post  Timosoini Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Jefferey's paladin application Koiru410

Just stopping by to say hello! A cute dog included!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:20 pm