Praeda

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Praeda

Praeda

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feenix WoW

3 posters

Quasarkin's old application

Quasarkin
    Quasarkin
    Commander
    Commander

Antal inlägg : 225

Quasarkin's old application Empty Quasarkin's old application

Post  Quasarkin Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:37 am

I was looking through my old files and found this jewel. What follows is my application to the top guild on Sylvanas EU. Don't mind the armory, I don't play on retail all that awesome like I do with you guys. Least but not least, I didn't get invited because I was lacking ICC Gear.

P.S.: Sorry you can't actually see the questions but you can probably deduce. bounce
    P.P.S.: There might be one or two extorsions of the truth up in there. Don't mind them.pirat

Character Name: Kymyk
    Level: 80
    Class: Druid
    Race: Night Elf
    Current Server: Sylvanas EU

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sylvanas&cn=Kymyk

1. Hello. Name's Dan. Besides my Balance PvE gear, I have 2 additional sets of gear: Restoration PvE and Balance PvP. I've been also thinking of farming Feral PvE gear. Currently my offspec is a Restoration PvE build, although that is subject to change, depending on what the guild needs me as.

2. I don't have alts, altough lately I've considered leveling one or two up, to get additional professions. I will most likely level another druid when Cataclysm hits. Yes, I love druids that much. The moment I started playing World of Warcraft, four years ago, I knew I wanted to be a druid for the rest of the game. This could very well be a plus for me because I got to focus on just one class and over the years I've become very good at it. I'm good with all three specs, though I'm a bit rusty on Feral, having not played that one in years.

3. I'm gonna be straightforward here, I play alot. I play over ten hours a day, sometimes more. School is starting in mid-september, when that happens, I will be online in the morning and then in the afternoon after 17:00, being able to prepare for raids, long before we even start. I will be able to play up till 24:00, though if it's necessary I can extend my playtime by one or even two hours. I'm only rarely unavailable on sundays, however I'll make sure I announce you days before I do so. Even then, I should still be able to make it to the raid.

4. My role in the end-game content is that of a support class, I can either offer that extra nuke we need to down some adds before a certain timer passes or I can aid the healers ressurecting dead players or even more so, using Tranquility for a fast recovery. I can also cure poisons and remove curses fast and well. As mentioned earlier, I can play all druid specs. My main spec gear could be better, I've been on a World of Warcraft break for a few months. I hope it's not going to take me a lot to recover.

My main spec talents and glyphs are a combination of heavy nuke and some very good DoTs. The talents tend to focus on the nuking while the glyphs tend to focus on the DoTs. The Balance PvE glyphs are pretty straightforward, there are not many glyphs to choose from. I decided to go with Glyph of Moonfire, Glyph of Insect Swarm and Glyph of Starfall simply to get that extra DPS, wether it's just to ensure that I continue to do good DPS on the main target while focusing my casts on adds or just plain running around the target due to the raid encounter mechanics. Sometimes I change Glyph of Starfall with Glyph of Starfire, depending on the raid encounter. After careful testing, I've drawn the conclusion that the 3.3 moonkin has little or no use for mana regenerating talents. I decided to get rid of them. The only reason I have 1/1 Omen of Clarity is that combined with the Balance Druid Tier-10 bonus set, I do 15% extra nature and arcane damage for 6 seconds, if it procs. You're also going to notice that I have 0/2 Balance of Power. I'm overcapped by 4.08% spellhit. It was a calculated decision in order to get the full out of my spec. At the moment I have 2/2 Nature's Reach which sometimes I respec it to 1/2 to have a free talent for Balance of Power in order to earn that 2% spellhit, which at the moment I don't really need. Rarely I also spec 1/3 Dreamstate but at the moment Innervate and Runic Mana Potions do the job. You might also notice 3/3 Owlkin Frenzy and 1/1 Typhoon. Arguably PvP talents, I use them in PvE as well due to the adds and passive AOE most raid encounters have.

Finally, Eclipse. The talent my rotation revolves around. I start with Fairie Fire, increasing the chance the target will be hit by spells by 3%, then by activating my Nevermelting Ice Crystal, I increase my critical strike chance by 20.04%, up to a nice 53.48%. This is where I really begin my rotation. I start by casting Starfire, quickly followed by DoTs, namely Moonfire and Insect Swarm. This gives me a one in two chances to get a quick Solar Eclipse increasing damage done by Wrath by 40%. I prefer Solar Eclipse over Lunar Eclipse because it makes a sure increase in DPS and it's easier to obtain. By the end of the Solar Eclipse, after I've refreshed my DoTs, I start aiming for Lunar Eclipse for the next 15 seconds. It usually procs, which is a good thing, because Solar Eclipse is still on cooldown. Then, of course, I refresh my DoTs, restarting the whole rotation all over again. If the raid encounter doesn't have adds spawning, you're going to see me cast Starfall and Force of Nature right after I place my DoTs on the target for the first time. If the encounter does have adds, this is where Typhoon and Starfall really come in handy. I can knock and daze them away from the raid, quickly followed by a heavy nuke. Additionally, to boost my performance, I use double-pot tricks.

I've recently decided to scrap the old professions, Alchemy and Herbalism, in favor of Jewelcrafting and Enchanting, to increase my spellpower by +94. The old professions weren't helping my PvE as much as my current ones. Outside the raids I use my newly gained skills as a nice source of income. Suffice to say, I won't have problems with gold anytime soon.

Let's move on to the final piece of the question, gems and enchants. In addition to spellpower, the two things balance druids need is critical strike rating and haste. The higher the critical chance, the faster you proc Eclipse, the higher the haste, the faster you DPS. Of all the meta gems, the one I have was the only viable option. The others were either for PvP, either for different specs or were increasing my mana pool, which really, I don't need. Same goes for the head enchant.

Moving on to the actual gems, where I use 4 types of gems: Runed Dragon's Eye, Veiled Ametrine, Reckless Ametrine and Purified Dreadstone. First thing you need to know about my gems is that they have a specific position and they are placed that way to maximize DPS. Let's begin with Runed Dragon's Eye. I placed one in the shoulder socket because it also grants me a socket bonus of +5 spellpower, totalling at +44 spellpower. Then I placed one in the 3rd waist socket because it's a prismatic socket and it doesn't affect the outcome of the bonus socket. Finally, there's one in the Loop of the Endless Labyrinth socket. I placed it there because Purified Dreadstone simply couldn't do the same job. I would rather have an increase of +39 spellpower instead of +17 spellpower and +10 spirit, where +10 spirit means +3 spellpower, due to Improved Moonkin Form talent.

The other 3 types of gems were as well placed in a way to maximize potential. For example, on my headpiece I placed +12 spellpower/+10 haste, activating the socket bonus of +9 spellpower, which means I get +21 spellpower/+10 haste instead of +23 spellpower. I did the same thing on my back,where i placed +12 spellpower/+10 haste, activating the socket bonus, totalling at +17 spellpower/+10 haste. On wrists I decided to add +23 spellpower and threw away the socket bonus of just +4 spirit, which would mean +1.33 spellpower using Improved Moonkin Form. My staff gems are +12 spellpower/+10 hit and +12 spellpower/+10 haste. Before I gemmed +10 hit, I was undercapped by 0.31% spellhit. The gloves socket was pretty obvious, totalling at +28 spellpower. On chest and legs, I placed +12 spellpower/+10 haste and +12 spellpower/+10 spirit, activating the socket bonuses of +7 spellpower, totalling at +34 spellpower. I would have gone for 2 +12 spellpower/+10 haste gems here but I needed 2 blue gems to activate my meta. Finally, Ashen Band of Endless Destruction where I placed +12 spellpower/+10 haste, activating the socket bonus and totalling at +17 spellpower/+10 haste.

The enchants were pretty obvious because they are the only viable solutions. The only enchant that maybe has room for change is probably the boots enchant. Even then, I would still pick Icewalker over Greater Spirit.

5. https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/f/uiscreenshot.png/

I like to keep a clean UI, in order to have a better line of sight. One such example is that there's just one additional button on the minimap, namely Atlasloot. I like the Blizzard UI because the actionbars are small and, well, not flashy. I don't really care for the actionbars because I use keybinds. You will notice I have very few addons I keep on the UI at all time. Namely X-Perl, Skada Damage Meter and Decursive. Hidden addons I use for raids include AtlasLoot, Deadly Boss Mods, OmniCC, Omen3. Disabled raid addons include HealBot Continued for my Restoration PvE offspec. Lately I've been considering changing Deadly Boss Mods with Big Wigs but that hasn't materialized yet.

6. I managed to clear Naxxramas 10/25, The Obsidian Sanctum 10/25 and Eye of Eternity 10/25 fairly quick. When patch 3.1 hit, I shifted my focus on PvP, Ulduar 10Man and 25Man progress stopping at 6/12. I came back to PvE in early 3.2 and managed to clear ToC 10/25 and I've stopped progressing in ToC 10Man HC at 4/5. Recently however, I did clear ToC 10Man HC. I also had a pretty solid run at the beginning of 3.3. Sadly, I took a three months break before it developed into anything serious. I did have 1 moment of brilliance though, and you can also expect more of it. Back when 3.3 was just launched, 4th Icecrown Citadel Boss 25 Man, we were having lots of problems downing him. I had taken notice that the healers could not keep up with Mark of Death, even if we used one or two extra healers. But then I came up with the awesome ideea of using Divine Intervention on players with the Mark of Death debuff. We would kill the paladins and ressurect them right after, quickly buffing them. This way the boss was getting the much needed blood, slower, in fact at the same rate as before he marked the first player. We then repeated it on the first 3 marked players. The first and the 2nd Divine Intervention expired by the time the raid encounter reached the 4th mark but the target was already going down. The healers easily healed the 3 active marked players and we downed it on the third or forth day the patch came out.

My goal is clearing all the content in future expansions. I wanna do it with a good guild that notices me not for what gear I have currently, but for how well I play my druid. I'm just looking for that one guild that's going to take a leap of faith. You won't regret it.

7. I don't have a guild at the moment, I just transfered back to Sylvanas, I have been on The Maelstrom EU playing with Tomorrow I Really Quit. They stopped raiding in early february. This is where I decided to take a break from the game. Our progress was 7/12 ICC 25Man. Before Tomorrow I Really Quit, I was mostly in PvP guilds.

8. Why do I want to join your guild? I'm looking for the best, because, quite frankly, I know what I am capable of. I'm confident that even in my current gear, I can prove what I can do. All I need is a chance and you won't regret it.

9. Why should you recruit me? Because I have three years worth of experience and teamworking. My high energy and quick learning style enables me to hit the ground running and rapidly size up problems. I have the ability to stay focused in stressful situations, and can be counted on when the going gets tough. I believe I can maximize my skills for the benefit of the guild.

10. I do have a working microphone and I'm not afraid to use it when necessary.

11. PC System Specs:

CPU: Intel E8400 3.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo
    RAM: Corsair 1066 Mhz 4 GB
    HDD: Western Digital 1TB 32MB Cache
    Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45C-DS3
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX280 1024MB

12. I'm a social person and I think I'll fit into the community well. I'm active, reliable and motivated. I constantly strive to improve.

13. As previously stated, my name's Dan. I'm 20 years old, I'm from Romania, I'm in college and I have been playing World of Warcraft since late 2006. I have tried EVE Online in recent history, but I stuck with World of Warcraft and it's one of the very few games I play currently. I like to focus on something that I'm good at.

14. Sadly, nobody in Kill Loot Repeat knows me. From this realm the only contacts I know are Frox and Royaldeluxe. From The Maelstrom EU you can probably contact Profion from Casual Insanity and Eizan from Scrub Busters. Most of the other players stopped playing.

15. You can contact me on my e-mail or on my Yahoo Messenger ID: kymykaly@yahoo.com
    Blueprint
    Blueprint
    Grand Marshal
    Grand Marshal

Antal inlägg : 677

Quasarkin's old application Empty Re: Quasarkin's old application

Post  Blueprint Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:11 pm

Muffin Approves, +1
    Wist
    Newcomer
    Newcomer

Antal inlägg : 8

Post  Wist Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:58 pm

Well written, but such a pain for a GM to read trough a wall of text like that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:01 am