Praeda

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Praeda

Praeda

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feenix WoW

+5
Naturalforce
anubris
fatty
Kohan
IMWITHSTUPID
9 posters

ImWithStupid - Holy Priest (Human)

IMWITHSTUPID
    IMWITHSTUPID
    King of Gnomes
    King of Gnomes

Antal inlägg : 964

ImWithStupid - Holy Priest (Human) Empty ImWithStupid - Holy Priest (Human)

Post  IMWITHSTUPID Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:39 pm

Your name: Clas Olsson.
    Your age: 18.
    Your nationality: Swedish.
    Your current occupation: Student, last year high school science/math.
    Your time zone: +1 same as ST.

Character name: ImWithStupid
    What class do you play: Priest, Holy.
    Your race: Human.
    Your spec: Holy, with a 21/30/0 build to get spirit buff.
    Your current gear (If you're caster +dmg hit/crit, melee hit/str/agi etc, would help to list all your gear):

Zulian Headdress +8 Heal/SP.
    Jindo's Evil Eye
    Zandalar Confessor's Mantle.
    Hide of the Wild +5 all res.
    Robe of Exalted +100 mana.
    Zandalar Confessor's Wraps +24 Healing.
    Gavel of Infinite Wisdom +55 Healing.
    Thaurissan's Royal Scepter
    Lethtendris's Wand.
    Gloves of Prophecy. I only got this because I wanted the set 3 bonus of Tier 1, can farm the original BiS Hands of the Exalted Herald if needed.
    Zandalar Confessor's Bindings.
    Pants of Prophecy. Got Padre's Trousers as well.
    Boots of Prophecy +5 spirit.
    Cauterizing Band.
    Rosewine Circle.
    Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas.
    Zandalarian Hero Charm. Got 11mp5 trink as well.

Fire resistance: 22.

Nature resistance: 5. Got full sylvan + Gae with +15 NR enchant.

Your professions, are you able to create something unique for an example "Alchemy, I can make Flask of Titans":
    Alchemy 300, cannot do any flasks though. Got a few alts with 300 tailoring, enchanting, engineering etc.

Do you have a character for herbing?
    Yes.

Played time (/played in game for details):
    10 days.

Are you attuned to MC/BWL/Naxxramas :
    Yes/Yes/No

What are your former guild(s) on Feenix and reason for leaving:
    Immersion, left due to internal issues within the guild and the disbandment is close in the future of that guild. Basic thing about Immersion is the "loot-hunters" which only joins for the big raid days and mostly on MC day to get loot and screwing up for everybody else. Is currently in Mirage which is former-Immersion guildies.

What add-ons are you using to assist with PvE/Raiding:
    Mobinfo, Bigwigs (doesn't work proper with Feenix timers so e.g. at Raggy I count myself for knockbacks), xperl, Damage Meters, KTM Threatmeter.

PvE experience:
    Up to Twin Emp. AQ40.

What class did you play:
    Undead Priest on Ahn'Qiraj server.

Are you able to attend on Mumble:
    Yes, any voice communication program.

Do you have a mic:
    Yes.

Do you understand and accept our rules and terms:
    Yes.

Are you ready to work with our loot system (please also state what our loot system is):
    Yes, DKP is the real deal.

Can you come to raids and supply your own consumables (e.g. Flasks):
    Mostly 2/3 as on tuesdays I'm a soccer trainer for the little ones in my neighbourhood (10 years old) and we have one of our practice times scheduled almost right on raiding time. Yes I make my own elixirs (for all raids 20/40) and got flask DW on every 40man raid.

Do you have any other level 60 characters that you are raiding with in another guild:
    No but I do have other level 60 chars.

Are you able to attend to atleast 3 raids, every week (We raid Sun,Tues,Thurs 19:30-23:30 Server Time and invites start at 19.00 ST):
    As said above I explained my reason why I cannot do 3/3 every week, however I can probably join those "optional" raids as they're on different days (and my soccer team trains on different times for each day so it won't clash I think).

What do you expect from Praeda and our community:
    I find raiding to be really funny back on retail and especially the "family" feeling you had when you were in a guild and raided quite often, it created this bound which only a gamer can explain. In addition I'd like to finish my work where I left it on retail (left not long after BC was released) and I haven't got any chance to do that with other guilds. Although you are actually progressing with Naxx which I am completly lost yet excited to discover.

Why do you want to join Praeda:
    I heard from Beornhan that you searched for priests and although my gear is definitely not the greatest - not even close, I thought that this is a longshot but hey, gear is a lot but not everything in this game and I know the hierarchy when it comes to loot about gear and DKP and I am glad to be earning my keep to gain it (now I am the one that sounds like a loot-hunter...)

For what reason(s) should we accept you to our guild (what can you bring to us):
    I got the experience yet I guess all of you does else how could you progress Smile been a healer all retail and I know my class. Yet my gear is bad unfortunaly but I'll fix the enchants when I get benediction and ZG reputation.

Do you understand that wiping in raids is a part of progression (please state why it is):
    Learning by doing, kind of obvious isn't it? Smile

Since the forum is a big part of the community you are obligated to be active on the forum and sign up for raids and contribute with your opinions. Are you willing to go along with this:
    Yes.

Tell us about yourself (What are your hobbies, interests, got a wife etc):
    Just a typical student from Stockholm, Sweden. For those scandinavians you'll recognize my name with the company named almost the same. Been playing soccer all my life along with the computer gaming and I got seriously injured which ruined my career within soccer so gaming was the real deal that kept me up. As said above, I'm a soccer coach for children, boys. Big fan of the TV serie Criminal Minds. That's about it.

Zerroc's favourite song:
    Explosions in the sky - Your Hand in Mine

Last edited by Imwithstupid on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Kohan
    Kohan
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Antal inlägg : 119

ImWithStupid - Holy Priest (Human) Empty Re: ImWithStupid - Holy Priest (Human)

Post  Kohan Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:48 pm

Heya, nice apply overall! Imma tell you what I think you should fix / get. (FYI I've got no say in if you should get invited or not. That's up to Fattydorf (Priest CL)

Try to get your gear fully enchanted with the best enchants. 4 Mp5 on bracer, 100 mana/4 stats on chest (Get Exalted Robe asap), 30 healing gloves (get Exalted Herald ones), 8 intellect / 8 healing on Head and legs (enchant Padre's) 55+ healing on your weapon.

Try and get a new wand - Antenna of Invigoration or a 29+ 31+ 33+ healing wand. (Glowstar Rod / Dragon Finger).

Try to get either Second Wind / Briarwood Reed for trinket
    slot instead of Zandalarian one.

You need to craft Nature resistance gear. Full Sylvan set (Head, Shoulders and Chest) + Gaea's Embrace.

Farm instances / Grind undead mobs in EPL (Above Light's Hope Chapel) for Scourgestones and get rep with Argent Dawn for Naxxramas Pre Quest. You need to be honored.

Tips on healing addons - Decursive (Is a must) and Grid is a nice raid overlay UI (Shows groups in a neat and very nice fashion)
    fatty
    fatty
    Grand Marshal
    Grand Marshal

Antal inlägg : 546

Post  fatty Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:43 pm

You will need all of your gear enchanted, aswell as getting the 4 pieces of Nature Resistance. Naxxramas attunement is also a must, as we currently need priests for naxxramas.
    Knifewrench (Kohan) gave you a good list of enchants/gear to get, except i would say Darkmoon card: Blue dragon is a better 2nd trinket to get, and dont get 4mp5 on bracers, get 24 healing. Also, without exalted the ZG neck isnt all that great, you should get the neck from Ramstein in strat or Jindo/Ossi neck Smile

Consumables is a very important part in raids for Priests, and i always expect priests to bring the consumables asked of them for every raid.

That includes but not limited to:
    2 Titans
    2 distiled wisdom
    20+ mana pots
    20+ runes
    15-20 mageblood, greater int and sages
    2 types of food, 12/12 and 25 stam
    5 Brilliant Mana Oil
    6-8 stacks of candles
    20 Rumsey rum
    Fire, Nature, Shadow and eventually Frost protection pots
    Magic resistance pots
    Limited invulnerability pots
    And 3 types of scrolls (might have to reduce these as the market has imploded with the bugfix)

Other than that, a very decent application, keep us updated on your progress.
    anubris
    anubris
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Antal inlägg : 405

Post  anubris Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:32 pm

I'm pretty sure you've scared that guy off
    rabbit
    rabbit
    IMWITHSTUPID
    IMWITHSTUPID
    King of Gnomes
    King of Gnomes

Post  IMWITHSTUPID Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:08 pm

anubris wrote:I'm pretty sure you've scared that guy off
    rabbit
    rabbit

Haha you could almost think that Wink

Fair enough, almost like I expected about the enchants. So let's check off the list here shall we:

You need to craft Nature resistance gear. Full Sylvan set (Head, Shoulders and Chest) + Gaea's Embrace.

Got Gaea (forgot to mention that I guess, just need that +15 NR on it), will do about Sylvan.

You need to be honored.

Easy rep to get actually Smile

Tips on healing addons - Decursive (Is a must) and Grid is a nice raid overlay UI (Shows groups in a neat and very nice fashion)

Right I had this "v1.something" addonpack from forum so I guess I didn't search enough for Decursive (thanks for mention).
    Me and Grid addon just don't go well together but I guess I have to imply it into my brain somehow Smile

You will need all of your gear enchanted, aswell as getting the 4 pieces of Nature Resistance. Naxxramas attunement is also a must, as we currently need priests for naxxramas.

Response above.

Knifewrench (Kohan) gave you a good list of enchants/gear to get, except i would say Darkmoon card: Blue dragon is a better 2nd trinket to get, and dont get 4mp5 on bracers, get 24 healing. Also, without exalted the ZG neck isnt all that great, you should get the neck from Ramstein in strat or Jindo/Ossi neck
    Yeah I got all cards except the Ace (as with all other decks), can probably abuse the old guild to farm me. Was planning to replace the zandalar as soon as I get the ace. A good mention about Ram neck, thanks Smile (19k of rep suucks so bad when normal mobs wont give me the rep)

Consumables is a very important part in raids for Priests, and i always expect priests to bring the consumables asked of them for every raid.
    Yes of course!

2 Titans
    2 distiled wisdom - [X]
    20+ mana pots
    20+ runes - [X]
    15-20 mageblood, greater int and sages - [X]
    2 types of food, 12/12 and 25 stam
    5 Brilliant Mana Oil - [X]
    6-8 stacks of candles - [X]
    20 Rumsey rum - [X]
    Fire, Nature, Shadow and eventually Frost protection pots - [X]
    Magic resistance pots
    Limited invulnerability pots
    And 3 types of scrolls (might have to reduce these as the market has imploded with the bugfix)

Fair list, although is the double titans really that necessary? (maybe something in naxx as I have no experience in there, just need to know the facts)

Thanks for the fast response, I'll work on it!
    Naturalforce
    Naturalforce
    Grand Marshal
    Grand Marshal

Antal inlägg : 510

Post  Naturalforce Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:26 pm

yeah Smile the flasks are for naxx, since you need to have above 5.5k hp on a certain boss, either you'll get 1shotted Smile
    fatty
    fatty
    Grand Marshal
    Grand Marshal

Antal inlägg : 546

Post  fatty Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:49 pm

Double titans is for C'thun when we start doing him. You will probably just need one titans in Naxx (Anub'Rekhan) where you can get oneshotted unless you got 5500+ hp.

Im not saying you will use all of those consumables every time we enter a raid instance, but i do prefer the priests to be ready for everything, as we are the most reliable and flexible healers in the game at the moment.

On some content like BWL and MC/Ony we dont actually need flasks if we have a decent and strong raid, but in AQ40 and Naxx all the priests are using at the very least Distilled wisdom, Greater int, Sages, Mageblood and Mana oil on every boss except for the first one (where we just die anyway)

Limited invulnerability potion is for bosses like Sartura and Fankriss where one hit will kill you.

Nature resistance and Magic resistance potion is for Viscidus.

It may sound like a lot, but if everything goes smoothly, which it has lately you wont have to spend that much gold unless its on progress bosses.

One last note, you should also start leveling a Warlock alt on a seperate account. We need everyone to have soulstones for when we start doing C'thun Smile

PS: Read the stickies to find out the favorite song thingie.
    Kohan
    Kohan
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Antal inlägg : 119

Post  Kohan Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:18 pm

fatty wrote:
    One last note, you should also start leveling a Warlock alt on a seperate account. We need everyone to have soulstones for when we start doing C'thun Smile
    You need to be level 18 or 20 (So that you have SS)

Like Fatty said, it's not too often that we use all the consumables listed but we should always be prepared x).
    Good luck with getting everything Smile

Oh and if you don't like Grid it¨s np x) was just a suggestion. Otherwise there's always CT_raid assist raid overlay. (I cant understand that people use standard WoW raid overlay, don¨t think it¨s as good as it can be Razz) Nothing you NEED just suggesting x)

Qun
    Qun
    Lieutenant Commander
    Lieutenant Commander

Antal inlägg : 190

Post  Qun Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:40 am

If he is a science and math student then he is +++ material! Recruit him! Recruit him! Intellect for a priest is a mega plus Very Happy
    Onenightstab
    Onenightstab
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Antal inlägg : 462

Post  Onenightstab Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:57 pm

Am I really the only one who noticed that THAT is NOT Zerroc's favourite song? Razz
    Oxygenre
    Oxygenre
    Corporal
    Corporal

Antal inlägg : 53

Post  Oxygenre Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:05 pm

Onenightstab wrote:Am I really the only one who noticed that THAT is NOT Zerroc's favourite song? Razz

ImWithStupid wrote:Explosions in the sky - Your Hand in Mine

No it's better ^^
    IMWITHSTUPID
    IMWITHSTUPID
    King of Gnomes
    King of Gnomes

Post  IMWITHSTUPID Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:31 pm

Kohan wrote:
    fatty wrote:
    You need to be level 18 or 20 (So that you have SS)

Like Fatty said, it's not too often that we use all the consumables listed but we should always be prepared x).
    Good luck with getting everything Smile

Oh and if you don't like Grid it¨s np x) was just a suggestion. Otherwise there's always CT_raid assist raid overlay. (I cant understand that people use standard WoW raid overlay, don¨t think it¨s as good as it can be Razz) Nothing you NEED just suggesting x)

Right I'll level up one although only rank 1 ss needed?

Qun wrote:If he is a science and math student then he is +++ material! Recruit him! Recruit him! Intellect for a priest is a mega plus Very Happy

Haha thanks! Smile

Oxygenre wrote:
    Onenightstab wrote:Am I really the only one who noticed that THAT is NOT Zerroc's favourite song? Razz

ImWithStupid wrote:Explosions in the sky - Your Hand in Mine

No it's better ^^

Thanks Smile

Some status progress.

Got the damn robe with VP (went into strath but didnt drop again sigh) with enchant.
    Skipping the +55 for awhile, working on Gavel of Inifite Wisdom as we speak, found it much easier than benediciton. Got like 8k rep left until exalted + got all scarabs. One thing though is the hilt thingiie, does it have like awkward low droprate or am I a man of misfortune? :/

EDIT:

Got full NR gear as well, +8 healing on head, +24 healing on bracers.

EDIT2:

+15 NR on Gae Embrace, Exalted with CC (only hilt left for mace), Neck changed to Jindo's Evil Eye (raided with you guys in ZG)

EDIT3:

Got Gavel with enchant and crap OH.
    Franckdux
    Franckdux
    King of Gnomes
    King of Gnomes

Antal inlägg : 995

Post  Franckdux Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm

Gear has been fixed, fattydorf will be late tonight so i already invited you.

Welcome to Praeda

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:42 pm