Praeda

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Praeda

Praeda

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feenix WoW

+3
Beornhan
criippari
Debut
7 posters

Debut - Protection Warrior

Debut
    Debut
    Newcomer
    Newcomer

Antal inlägg : 5

Debut - Protection Warrior Empty Debut - Protection Warrior

Post  Debut Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:05 am

Your name :

Will

Your age :

Your nationality :

English

Your time zone:

GMT
    Character Information

Character name : Debut

Class : Warrior

Race : Night elf - FEMALE

Spec : 8-3-40 - Bit of a weird one really, seeing as I only dinged 60 a few days ago i just wanted to test some things out, I like the reduced heroic strike talent as i'm currently using a fast wep so it makes heroic strike spam really effective, i've not got imp taunt simply because i don't lose aggro, i've got only 3/5 crit but would get 5/5 for 40 man.

Attuned to MC/BWL/Naxxramas : Attuned to MC, haven't started any other attunement progress yet as i've just been trying to do dungeons to get bis pre raid gear

List all your gear and enchants (Caster = Hit + Crit + SP, Melee = Hit + Crit + AP) : I dinged 3 days ago, my gear is AWFUL i'm not even going to bother linking it which i guess will piss some of you guys off but yeah its pretty shit! I've just gotten the bis pre raid bracers and cloak which i am planning on enchanting with dodge and stamina respectively, otherwise my current gear set isn't even worth spending the gold on!

Resistances ( Fire / Nature / Frost ) : 0

Show us your UI :

It won't let me link a picture as i haven't been a member for more than 7 days? I have one uploaded to imageshack ready if you want to see it just request.

Few things about my UI as you cant see it ill go through my basic macros and keybinds, I have stance dance macro on shift 4, mocking blow macro on y and thunderclap macro on mouse button 5. Would have binds for pots (stoneshield, resistant pots etc) but not raiding yet. I use f5 f6 f7 for raid target marks for dungeons just to make it run smoother.

Then as standard i have 1 sunder, 2 shield block, 3 shield slam, 4 and mousebutton 3 heroic strike, 5 revenge, 6 is use of my ring, t is taunt, x rend, c is charge macro, shift g shield wall, shift 1 bloodrage, shift 2 last stand, shift 3 demo, r is shield bash, f is cleave, shift e disarm, shift f concussion blow, shift d fear, f1 battle stance, g defensive stance, f3 berserker stance, b is shoot, mouse button 6 is battleshout and k is mount Very Happy

List of the addons you are currently using :

None yet as i'm not raiding, i'd probably get a threatmeter, bag addon to make it easier for me and an enemy cast bar for sure if someone knows one? (looked around for one for ages!)

PvE Experience :

I've been playing live wow since vanilla, I did zul'gurub and MC with friends at a social level. When TBC hit I started tanking in a small guild called nal ra on aggamaggan. We cleared to Black temple but i felt i wanted more from the game and decided to apply to a guild called Security on frostmane EU. I got accepted and moved there a.s.a.p. I started as a dps warrior clearing BT each week waiting for the sunwell. When the sunwell hit one of our tanks became very unreliable so i stepped up to the tank post and took over the role as offtank/main tank. In security we had a number of highly ranked world kills, including a world 18th on eredar twins and a world 22 on m'uru. If any of you are familiar with Sunwell m'uru was ridiculously hard especially as a tank tanking adds on a side with 2 warglaive rogues, an enhancement shaman and a warglaive warrior ^^ We ended up ranked world 23rd after the sunwell by wowprogress which was quite an achievement. I held very good raid attendance throughout my time in security, i didn't miss one sunwell progress raid which is what is required of a tank in a guild competing for the top ranks. I'm not in it for the loot as its a private server and this has no means to me, I simply want to find a community of people with a succesfull background in the old school vanilla content that I can join to enjoy it with.

Previous guilds in Feenix :

Currently in a social guild called wings :-)

General Information

Are you able to attend to atleast 3 raids, every week (We raid Sun,Tues,Thurs 19:30-23:30 Server Time and invites start at 19.00 ST):

Yes

Full consumables and full enchanted gear is mandatory. Do you accept that ?

Yes

We might have to rotate you during a raid, are you willing to stay on stand by ?

Of course

Have you read the rules and do you accept them ?

I have and I do.

Is there any member in <Praeda> that can vouch for you ?

Haven't spoken or met anyone from your guild really.

Zerroc's favourite song ( Must answer ) :

Lonely Island - Like a BAWSSSSSSS

(Optional) Add something you think we find interesting or useful :

I haven't really seen a section to describe my application in more detail, so i'll write a bit here. I spoke to one of the warriors in you're guild briefly in regards to my app. He knows my gear is awful and i can't tank the content you are currently raiding, but if you are after an experienced end game guild raider who is reliable and skilled on pretty much any character i play (played rogue in security too, gladiator in s4 s5 s6 s7 on a priest and rogue) then I am the right guy for you guys. I am currently trying to farm the bis pre raid gear and struggling to get lucky on drops unfortunately!

I understand if you don't think i'd be suitable for your guild but thought i'd give it a shot anyway!

Thanks for you're time reading this wall of text if you've gotten this far

Cheers guys!

Will
    criippari
    criippari
    Marshal
    Marshal

Antal inlägg : 325

Debut - Protection Warrior Empty Re: Debut - Protection Warrior

Post  criippari Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:10 am

An application with some effort, these are rare these days.
    Just the gear you need for aq40 + naxx as prot isn't that easy to obtain. There is those mc and ony pugs (which even our guild members sometimes host) where you can maybe get some gear and then there is drakons bwl pug with gold dkp. If you are good in making gold then you might be able to gear yourself pretty fast there.
    And as mentioned, prot gear for high end isn't that easy to obtain but full zg/aq and 5-10 man fury gear might be enough to pull some decent dps in aq40 atleast.

But anyways +1 from me for a social spot. Just don't have your hopes too high for some 5 man grouping in the guild, many (or most?) of us have plenty of alts with like pre raid bis or even better gear so grinding the blue gear isn't really something people probably are looking forward to do.

PS. One evil thing you could do is to join a mc/bwl guild and get yourself geared there, but I don't suggest doing it. Guild hopping sux bad.
    Beornhan
    Beornhan
    Commander
    Commander

Antal inlägg : 255

Post  Beornhan Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:02 pm

you dont need guild for 5mans-10mans and 20mans. You dont need guild for even mc and bwl. There is no point to invite "shit" geared tank to naxxramas guild. -1
    BuckBuckeL
    BuckBuckeL
    Knight
    Knight

Antal inlägg : 127

Post  BuckBuckeL Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:53 am

After Drakon started his PuGs, its really easy to obtain atleast full T2 and BWL items (if you have $$$). So you should atleast obtain decent gear with some T2 before applying to a naxxramas raiding/progressing guild.

and if you dont have gold to buy from drakon pugs then you probably dont have the economics to raid with Praeda. Because large amount of consumables is used, especially during progression raids (its probably more expensive during summer loool).

But as you are an experienced WoW-player i guess you wont have any problem to get the gold to get items from Drakon-pugs.

Until then -1.

Debut
    Debut
    Newcomer
    Newcomer

Post  Debut Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:13 pm

Thanks for all the constructive feedback and not just writing LOL BAD GEAR NO THANKS.

It appeals to me that this server is completely different to live in the way that gear seems to be everything, sure as a naxxramas guild you want people able to come in who are on roughly the same gear level but that won't always happen. I've done a few pugs now with people in full tier 2 or around that quality gear who have NO IDEA how to play and play with there eyes shut or without their monitor switched on, its just annoying!

When you recruit someone who has full tier 2 from just playing feenix and having the ability to get mass gold you aren't banking that 1. that player is going to stick around for a long time and be reliable or 2. that he/she has the previous end game guild wow experience to hold up to the tasks that are given. This is probably one of the reasons why franckdukx was telling me that people are so unreliable on this server Razz.

What i'm trying to say is, it's not always best to recruit people with amazing gear, sometimes, the better option requires a little work. I know its frustrating seeing new people join a guild who have worse gear than the majority especially when you really want to keep progressing and killing stuff! I remember people joining security in t5 and having to tank BT to get them t6, i hated it! But some of those people we geared up, ended up being core members a few even officers who were reliable and stuck around untill the end, just food for thought anyway.

Anyway enough rabbiting on, Thanks for the oppurtunity to apply, i wish you luck with the rest of naxx and getting raids through summer times!

Will
    Wierdgonzo
    Wierdgonzo
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Antal inlägg : 412

Post  Wierdgonzo Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Try gathering some gear(i made warrior alt and got 7/8 t1 in 2 weeks) and reapply. I like ur attitude and seems like ur reliable person and that is what this guild need.

Good luck!
    Capability/Justice_ll
    Capability/Justice_ll
    Knight-Champion
    Knight-Champion

Antal inlägg : 168

Post  Capability/Justice_ll Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:07 pm

you're not even attuned, and to me it doesn't seem that you are very experienced or skilled either. you seem like one of the players that bark, but can't bite. applying to a guild that raids aq40/naxx, not even being attuned to bwl- why in the world would we carry a weight like you? saying that you are good, doesn't make you good at all.

you seem like you can't stand on your own feet and you can't even enter the dungeons we raid. your specc is bad, your attitude isn't great either. the bwl attunement takes a smart player 10 minutes, for example. you're not geared, you are not dedicated at all, you are not able to raid, you are no raiding material. hell, even your interface and binds are awful- unless you are a combination of dr. octopus fingers and captain clicksniper. this application is a joke.
    Debut
    Debut
    Newcomer
    Newcomer

Post  Debut Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Theres nothing what so ever wrong with my binds, they've been roughly the same for me forever and they work fine. Slightly unfair analysis on my efforts and saying that im not very experienced or skilled is quite unfair when you haven't seen me play. Interface awful? I don't have an interface lol, so how can that be so? It's a basic ui as i'm not raiding yet, i don't need any addons? Or do you like having your UI looking like a christmas tree? My spec seems alright, what do you want me to change? I'm doing dungeons, i dont need to stance dance to mocking blow or anything, i don't get much rage so i like the heroic strike talent as i have a fast weapon, i don't really need imp shield wall or imp taunt as im not losing aggro to people...

I know anyone can be like yeah im really good etc etc i know it doesn't make you good just cause you say it! 'can't stand on my own feet' you're criticism is extremely unfair but oh well...

P.S i do have long fingers but im not a clicker lolol
    Capability/Justice_ll
    Capability/Justice_ll
    Knight-Champion
    Knight-Champion

Antal inlägg : 168

Post  Capability/Justice_ll Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:51 pm

Debut wrote:Theres nothing what so ever wrong with my binds, they've been roughly the same for me forever and they work fine. Slightly unfair analysis on my efforts and saying that im not very experienced or skilled is quite unfair when you haven't seen me play. Interface awful? I don't have an interface lol, so how can that be so? It's a basic ui as i'm not raiding yet, i don't need any addons? Or do you like having your UI looking like a christmas tree? My spec seems alright, what do you want me to change? I'm doing dungeons, i dont need to stance dance to mocking blow or anything, i don't get much rage so i like the heroic strike talent as i have a fast weapon, i don't really need imp shield wall or imp taunt as im not losing aggro to people...

I know anyone can be like yeah im really good etc etc i know it doesn't make you good just cause you say it! 'can't stand on my own feet' you're criticism is extremely unfair but oh well...

P.S i do have long fingers lolol

saying that you are fine with it doesn't quite justify crippling yourself that much with those binds. same goes for the specc.

well, if you come up with an application like that, don't expect me to be less harsh on critisizing the negatives. it's a waste of time, for us- not only yourself.

if you had the slightest experience in this game, why would you even apply to us before doing anything preraid? we are progressing atm, even taking someone like you to a farm raid would cripple us. and again, i see no reason why in the world we would bother carrying you through raids. from my pov writing an app at this point, while claiming to know about raiding is an insult to this guild.
    Debut
    Debut
    Newcomer
    Newcomer

Post  Debut Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:10 pm

I apologize if you think it's an insult to the guild, in no way did i mean this or want anyone to be given the opinion of this. I don't expect or want to be carried through raids to be given gear, i'd rather be able to contribute and show you that I am a committed and skilled wow player. You still didn't evaluate on why my spec is bad?

Anyway I did say previously, this server is completely different to live in the aspect that gear means EVERYTHING here which in my opinion is really stupid and yes, you are right i have 0 experience here at all I am a complete noob to feenix, but i still feel my pro's outweigh my con's.

BuckBuckeL
    BuckBuckeL
    Knight
    Knight

Antal inlägg : 127

Post  BuckBuckeL Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:01 am

well if you apply to a top-guild on this server you should _ALTEAST_ have pre-BIS raid gear.
    If you dont even have the dedication to get that (which takes less than a couple of days), then you probably won't have the dedication to raid with us and farming for hours just to get consumables for 1 raid.
    Because we can only notice your dedication to the game & your character through gear & gold management. How should we know if you are good or not? Because you say so?

okay, lets say we invite you... and make a trial run in naxx or aq40.... you can't even tank the trash mobs..... whats the point?

Get atleast pre-BIS raid first and then atunements.
    Amitta
    Amitta
    Marshal
    Marshal

Antal inlägg : 382

Post  Amitta Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:56 pm

Hello and thanks for applying to Praeda.

Well, You seems a good player but you should know that a prot warrior in vanilla is not so easy like you believe and so after reading your application, answers and of course talk with people. I see no reason to invite you to our guild, at least as initiate. Althouh if you want i could invite you as Social Member.

Anyways this application is declined
    Debut
    Debut
    Newcomer
    Newcomer

Post  Debut Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:34 pm

Hi Amitta,

I know what a prot warrior is in vanilla, and i can tell you sure as hell it's not as hard as what i've done already, this is going to seem like me being big headed again or 'havin the bark with no bite' as one of your skeptical members put it. But you are right, i could say i am the best tank in the world blah blah but you won't actually know what i am until you play with me i guess its a risk you are unwilling to take and i understand i need more gear to enable an anaylsis of my performance or skill in raids.

Anyway, you obviously gave it some consideration and i respect your decision.

Cheers

Debut

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:38 am